Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Suggestions on BusinessElite seat on 777-200ER for travel with infant on lap?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions on BusinessElite seat on 777-200ER for travel with infant on lap?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
I'm not traveling with a baby (!) but on the same aircraft I have the choices of 1A, 1D, 6A or 6D and 7D. I like how it sounds 7D has extra space or is more private, does anyone have an opinion/experience with these seats? I've got 6A reserved for now. It's a long flight between NRT - MSP

Cheers, Powers
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Powers106
I'm not traveling with a baby (!) but on the same aircraft I have the choices of 1A, 1D, 6A or 6D and 7D. I like how it sounds 7D has extra space or is more private, does anyone have an opinion/experience with these seats? I've got 6A reserved for now. It's a long flight between NRT - MSP

Cheers, Powers
Among those choices I'd take 7D
Old Nov 25, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Among those choices I'd take 7D
7D is my personal favorite seat. Quiet and get quick service from the rear BE galley. Couldn't get this seat on a recent flt and ended up in 3D. Actually not a bad seat either. Bottom line, the worst seat in BE will always beat the best seat in Y.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Sez_Who
7D is my personal favorite seat. Quiet and get quick service from the rear BE galley. Couldn't get this seat on a recent flt and ended up in 3D. Actually not a bad seat either. Bottom line, the worst seat in BE will always beat the best seat in Y.
Cheers, I got it!! Thanks for the replies. By the way, my flight on the 24th from MSP has 0 passengers booked in Biz. Looks like I'll be sitting with a bunch of college student FO's, might be a fun trip
Old Nov 25, 2012, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Cheers, I got it!! Thanks for the replies. By the way, my flight on the 24th from MSP has 0 passengers booked in Biz. Looks like I'll be sitting with a bunch of college student FO's, might be a fun trip
Why do you say that?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 1:40 pm

Why do you say that?
I guess since even 1 month out and F is still empty that it will be a flight with a lot of upgrades to F, and since it is the cheapest day to travel more or less, and Y looks full already, and most Y on the cheapest travel day of the year don't travel much, except for maybe college students who fly in and out each semester, etc. = well, I don't know if my logic is sound or not, but I will promise to post back and let you know
Old Nov 25, 2012, 2:05 pm
Suspended

I guess since even 1 month out and F is still empty that it will be a flight with a lot of upgrades to F, and since it is the cheapest day to travel more or less, and Y looks full already, and most Y on the cheapest travel day of the year don't travel much, except for maybe college students who fly in and out each semester, etc. = well, I don't know if my logic is sound or not, but I will promise to post back and let you know
There are no free upgrades on international flights. If economy is oversold and some passengers need to be moved up to business, the highest elites will be moved up first. You will not be sitting in business with a bunch of college students.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 2:08 pm

There are no free upgrades on international flights. If economy is oversold and some passengers need to be moved up to business, the highest elites will be moved up first. You will not be sitting in business with a bunch of college students.
Oh, I'm talking about the domestic connecting flight from MSP once I arrive in the USA, not the NRT-MSP flight where I booked 7D.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
14C has extra room (a nice shelf). 14B also has this shelf but it is harder to get to the lav.

14A and D also have lots of privacy and some extra room.

I believe 6CD also has the same extra space but is too close to the mid lav.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 7:31 am

I'm still booked in 7D, but I just looked at the seat map, and rows 10-14 are still basically open. Is there any advantage to the middle 2 seats, say row 14 or row 13 if there is an open seat next to you?

Also is row 14 a bit noisy due to Y or a galley behind it?

Cheers, Powers
Old Dec 23, 2012, 7:46 am
Suspended

I'm still booked in 7D, but I just looked at the seat map, and rows 10-14 are still basically open. Is there any advantage to the middle 2 seats, say row 14 or row 13 if there is an open seat next to you?

Cheers, Powers
Middle 2 seats face away from one another and there's no difference whatsoever if the one next to you is empty.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 8:42 am

Middle 2 seats face away from one another and there's no difference whatsoever if the one next to you is empty.
Thanks, I was also searching around and found some photos of the seating so I can see how 7a and 7d might be a bit more private, etc., thanks, Powers
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels

Cheers, Powers
There is no galley behind row 14. There is a thin wall and then row 31, which is the first row of Economy Comfort. There are no lavs there, so no congregating passengers, but there could be some noise depending on the folks sitting g there.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
At least in this case the OP is being considerate and taking an A or D so they won't be distrubing a seat mate by having a B or C seat and sounds willing to take a front or back row to distrub as few of people as possible.

What REALLY sucks is when you pay for a first class seat on a redeye so you can sleep and then you have someone sitting directly behind you with an infant that bawls almost the entire flight. BOSE headphones will not drown out that noise. And what made it even worse was overhearing a conversation and finding out she was non-rev!!! I should have cleared for sure as a PM if a non-rev sat up front. It was a waste of money not being able to get any sleep. I was almost ready to take my pillow and blanket and see if an EC seat was open.
What does one do for sleep during a 10+ hour flight when an infant-in-arms is crying so loudly almost the entire flight that Bose headphones even listening to a movie does not drown out the crying much less when wearing the Bose to sleep?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by Xeno
What does one do for sleep during a 10+ hour flight when an infant-in-arms is crying so loudly almost the entire flight that Bose headphones even listening to a movie does not drown out the crying much less when wearing the Bose to sleep?
I would be furious if that happened to me on a paid J international flight.

If it's international sometimes there are empty seats up front and I would just ask the FA if I could occupy one of those.

If no empty seats were available, I would ask the purser if there were any non-revs and see if they would do a seat swap. I have had a broken IFE before and my wife had her seat motor break midflight before with a full J cabin and the purser made non-revs swap seats in both cases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.