Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Pre Check

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
My success has also been going down. missed twice in a row on this domestic itenerary. Partner who is GM without GE got it today at LAX, While this DM/GE did not....
Old Nov 19, 2012, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
I hope I don't jink myself but I'm batting 100%
Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: Emerald EE; Delta PM; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I had global entry but never get the three beeps to get to the pre check line. Wondering if it's only for PM or above (???)
Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
While I LOVE when it happens, I find the whole thing useless because its not reliable. I can't plan on getting to the airport later because I don't know if I will need time to be in security. Same problem if I go through but companions don't--even when they are also medallion on same PNR. I end up waiting for them anyway.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by rhumba
I had global entry but never get the three beeps to get to the pre check line. Wondering if it's only for PM or above (???)
Did you enter your PASSID in the Known Traveler Field of the reservation online and is your full name in the reservation exactly like it is on the GE card (including middle name)? Is so, it should work. I'm not even a skymiles member but it has worked for me every time at MCO and SEA.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by kwl747
Did you enter your PASSID in the Known Traveler Field of the reservation online and is your full name in the reservation exactly like it is on the GE card (including middle name)? Is so, it should work. I'm not even a skymiles member but it has worked for me every time at MCO and SEA.
^ this.

i was GM and was 0% PreCheck, since is got Global Entry, i'm 100% PreCheck as GM and PM. make sure all of the data is correct and in the right place. it takes a few days for everything to sync up after you update.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by pragakhan
As a Silver earlier this year I was under the impression I wasn't qualified no more,
You don't lose qualification for Pre just because your status drops.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
While I LOVE when it happens, I find the whole thing useless because its not reliable. I can't plan on getting to the airport later because I don't know if I will need time to be in security. Same problem if I go through but companions don't--even when they are also medallion on same PNR. I end up waiting for them anyway.
Even when it's reliable (you know you have the "3" on your boarding pass) it might not happen; last time I flew out of LGA, the Pre x-ray machine was broken so the lane was closed.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL GE
Has anyone ever scanned their BP to see if they have a 3 (precheck) or a 1 (regular)?

I haven't had a chance to yet...
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:00 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
What is this? Never heard of 3 vs 1..
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
What is this? Never heard of 3 vs 1..
The barcode on your BP tells the scanner how many times to beep. In an unencrypted format. So you can scan your barcode with something that can read PDF417 and see if you've got Pre-Check or not.

Presumably one could also alter it. But this does fit in with the whole security theater thing...
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by pragakhan
Has anyone ever scanned their BP to see if they have a 3 (precheck) or a 1 (regular)?

I haven't had a chance to yet...
Yes, I've done so.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
KNock on wood - I have been 100% with Pre-Check (I have GE).

In fact, I even get the 3 beeps sometimes at terminals that don't have Pre-Check!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: Delta DM!
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
KNock on wood - I have been 100% with Pre-Check (I have GE).

In fact, I even get the 3 beeps sometimes at terminals that don't have Pre-Check!
I was 100% until last week out of ORD. I was kind of bummed when I didn't get the 3 dings.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SLC 4217
then get Global Entry, I have been selected about 99%, except on days I am flying international.
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
KNock on wood - I have been 100% with Pre-Check (I have GE). In fact, I even get the 3 beeps sometimes at terminals that don't have Pre-Check!
Same here.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.