Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SLC SkyClub agent comes through

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2012, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
SLC SkyClub agent comes through

I had wanted to SDC onto a 2-segment flight for which the 2nd seg (x-SLC) was sold out. I went ahead and took the first leg to SLC, hoping for a standby seat on the 2nd. I entered the SLC SkyClub about 75 minutes before the scheduled departure of the 2nd leg. EF was showing F2 at the time, everything else 0. SkyClub agent who recognizes me and has helped me in the past grabbed hold of my res, and within about a minute I had a coach BP, and within another 10 minutes I had a BP for one of the last 2 F seats. No doubt whatsoever that being DM was key, and don't know what tricks of the trade she used, or if there was a last minute cancellation, or what, but wow! The fact that I had a couple months ago given her a JWD cert didn't hurt, either.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by johnslloyd
No doubt whatsoever that being DM was key, .
Probably someone else had a misconnect and you got the seats ....

Bob H
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Originally Posted by BobH
Probably someone else had a misconnect and you got the seats ....

Bob H
You're probably right. Props to the SC agent who was on top of it and got them as soon as they were available.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Yet another benefit of being a DM and using the SC membership! Glad it worked out for you!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Even as a humble GM { } I've always had excellent experiences at SLC with the agents in the SkyClub.

When the 757 I was booked on was changed from one config to another about 5 hours out, and the number of seats dropped by about 20 or so, they were in an oversell situation. The SC agent, some 3 hours prior to flight time, and before the gate agent had even opened the flight at the gate, contacted the agent that would be working the flight. The GA and SC agent authorized me to be "bought off" some 3 hours prior to flight time, meaning I was able to get to an overnight hotel at around 11pm instead of 2am - a big difference. The SC agent then confirmed me in F on all sectors the next day to "thank me" for helping them out and being a GM. Always had good experiences in SLC at the SC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.