Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta lost luggage in between international and domestic flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

First time poster, long time lurker here. I've really enjoyed reading forums as I have begun my worldwide travel over the last year. I am hoping for some good advice pertaining to a situation that has happened with Delta recently...

While traveling back from Taipei a few weeks ago my luggage was "lost".

Here is the situation...Traveled from Taipei on China Airlines on a business class ticket to LAX. Luggage was tagged all the way through to my final destination at GSP by China Airlines. Arrived in LAX, went through immigration, retrieved my luggage, and went through customs with no issues. Drop luggage off at baggage recheck and head to my domestic flight which was a seperate ticket. Alas, I arrive at GSP after a stop in ATL and 1 checked bag did not arrive.

At this point, my luggage has still not be found, (over 2 weeks) and there is no record of it ever being scanned in LAX. No telling where it may be now.

My main question is as follows...

1.) Since I was traveling on seperate international and domestic tickets, is Delta bound by the Montreal Convention or should they be following their domestic lost baggage policy?

Btw, I am a PM with Delta if that makes any difference...

Thanks for the replies!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
OP I am so sorry that is a real sickener.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
My gut says that since you checked the bag in at LAX on a separate ticket which was domestic only, you are entitled only to the Domestic allowance.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Are you sure it was tagged properly with a DL tag? Did you check it? It's been two weeks, I would file a claim in you're contents. Sorry lost luggage is not fun.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Unfortunately, DL is not their fault. Since you lost the bag. You can't be together the airline. They do not have interline agreement. You have to take it off the old tags. When you cleared the Customs & Immigrations. Go upstairs to DL ticket counter and they will get a new tags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.