Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Did the Amex Delta Reserve card do away with companion ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2013, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite

I can not find anything on the American Express website for this as being a benefit anymore. Delta still has the wording on delta.com

http://www304.americanexpress.com/ge.../Delta-Reserve

My anniversary date is Feb 25th. Last yr i got my certificate on March 2, it is now March 23rd and nothing yet for this year.

I called Amex and they said i wouldn't receive another one until next yr, so that means i pay 450 and 450 without getting a cert. The hold time with delta was 45 minutes so i hung up.

I have an email into the comment/complaint section as well.

Seems odd but the wording has been removed from Amex.

thanks in advance
Old Mar 23, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond; SPG Gold; MR Platinum :)
Originally Posted by MNAudiS4
I can not find anything on the American Express website for this as being a benefit anymore. Delta still has the wording on delta.com

http://www304.americanexpress.com/ge.../Delta-Reserve

My anniversary date is Feb 25th. Last yr i got my certificate on March 2, it is now March 23rd and nothing yet for this year.

I called Amex and they said i wouldn't receive another one until next yr, so that means i pay 450 and 450 without getting a cert. The hold time with delta was 45 minutes so i hung up.

I have an email into the comment/complaint section as well.

Seems odd but the wording has been removed from Amex.

thanks in advance
How did you get your cert last year?
Old Mar 23, 2013, 3:08 pm
Suspended

I've heard its no longer a benefit as of this year (I forget the month, exactly).
Old Mar 23, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL DM
I had to call AmEx and request it. It was a month late for me as well. I received it in my Skymiles account the next day, even though the AmEx agent told me it would take 7 business days.

PS-Watch out for passenger fees these days!
Old Mar 23, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL DM
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...tificates.html
Old Mar 23, 2013, 6:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Something I just noticed. The T&C for the Platinum companion certificate specifies that the fare must still be L, U, T and with the new X and V taking over the lowest fare classes it seems Delta is devaluing the companion certificates too.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Directly into my SM account

Originally Posted by monsrt
How did you get your cert last year?
right into my account,

DL did respond via email and they said they send them out through email now.

i will call again and see what is going on
Old Mar 23, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by TurtleSVS
Something I just noticed. The T&C for the Platinum companion certificate specifies that the fare must still be L, U, T and with the new X and V taking over the lowest fare classes it seems Delta is devaluing the companion certificates too.
If L/U/T are no longer the lowest fares classes how is this a devaluation? Unless you're saying that U and T classes will no longer exist.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TurtleSVS
Just tried using my Plat companion cert and it allowed me to select X fares.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 7:43 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by MNAudiS4
right into my account,

DL did respond via email and they said they send them out through email now.

i will call again and see what is going on
Mine showed up in my DL account. I got an email about a week later. This was back in January.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 6:23 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Mine was put into the Certificates and E-credits section of My Delta 2 weeks after the renewal date (March 18th 2013)

Weird that they said you were skipping a year of eligibility. That sounds like bull.

pricesquire, where did you hear that rumor (which has also been posted here on FT multiple times last year)?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: Delta Flyer
I upgraded to Reserve at the end of the year (from gold)--worked straight away for me.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:04 am
Original Poster

sounds like some changes from renewal vs anniversary date?

Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Mine was put into the Certificates and E-credits section of My Delta 2 weeks after the renewal date (March 18th 2013)

Weird that they said you were skipping a year of eligibility. That sounds like bull.

pricesquire, where did you hear that rumor (which has also been posted here on FT multiple times last year)?
I am not sure how this could be different, I first signed up for DL AMEX Reserve in Feb 2011. Got my First cert 1 yr after i opened the account. Not sure why i would skip my 2nd yr. I have paid 450-450-450 for the card now with only 1 cert.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL,BA,KE
Upgraded last year from Plat. Cert showed up in my account a few weeks ago as well.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 1:45 pm

Where would this be located on my account? i tried finding it on the account summary and also on my profile

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.