Wiki Posts
Search

Higher - DM on G or DM on Full Fare Y?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Higher - DM on G or DM on Full Fare Y?

I am flying tomorrow on a SWU, so I am G waitlisted. However, I am already #3 on the waitlist.

So, do DMs (and other elites I guess) on a full fare Y have a higher priority than me? I can't believe there are 2 other DM Gs, though I guess it is possible.

Thanks
Av8n
Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:57 pm

what route? This sounds like its coded incorrectly.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
At the gate, DMs using SWUs (properly coded) are behind only pax who paid for F and are accommodated in Y. My first guess would be an incorrectly applied SWU. Call in and ask if your upgrade priority is UP2A or UP3D. If they say UP3D, ask them to fix the SWU waitlist because you should be UP2A. Once corrected, you will probably need to have them un-check and re-check you in. If the agent has no idea what these priority codes mean, try another agent. If you are already UP2A, that's just bad luck.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:26 pm

I've had great success in the past few weeks with a direct message to @deltaassist with this type of request. They usually get it right the first time for me. Had the phone agent apply one 3 weeks ago and I was #9 on the list. After a quick tweet, #1.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to all 3 of you for your replies. I called the DM desk. The rep researched it, and said, "yes, there are 2 people ahead of you with the same upgrade status, it ends in D." I then told him about UP2A. He went back to whereever he was asking the question, and that person had to look up the rules. In the end, I am now coded correctly, #1 on the list, and one if not two Delta phone reps are now aware of the UP2A (and maybe even UP2B) code. Maybe a small victory for all of us.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by LuvAv8n
I am already #3 on the waitlist.
I'm a new PM and just used my first SWU (waitlisted) for next week...can you please tell me how you know where you are on the list? Sorry to hijack your thread...
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orca15
I'm a new PM and just used my first SWU (waitlisted) for next week...can you please tell me how you know where you are on the list? Sorry to hijack your thread...
You will not know until you check in. If you are using a SWU, and you are not #1, call! Remember, your code is UP2B.

Good luck.

Av8n
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
You will not know until you check in. If you are using a SWU, and you are not #1, call! Remember, your code is UP2B.

Good luck.

Av8n
Ah...got it. I missed that you were flying tomorrow and hence had checked the upgrade list. Good luck to you as well.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: DAL-PM
Thanks to all 3 of you for your replies. I called the DM desk. The rep researched it, and said, "yes, there are 2 people ahead of you with the same upgrade status, it ends in D." I then told him about UP2A. He went back to whereever he was asking the question, and that person had to look up the rules. In the end, I am now coded correctly, #1 on the list, and one if not two Delta phone reps are now aware of the UP2A (and maybe even UP2B) code. Maybe a small victory for all of us.
Great to hear...now only 2000 agents to go? Not sure how many they have.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:07 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Two weeks ago, I was on standby for F, yet I was still #4 behind Medallions waiting for complimentary upgrades.. I suspect it had something to do with my AS status being on file and taking precedent over being an F customer.

F was booked full and there were no no-shows, so it didn't matter.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Glad you got it corrected. Bad that you had to call and have it done since it was obviously wrong to start with.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
^
Old Nov 11, 2012, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Sadly this is another example of this getting coded incorrectly. Great for the OP for calling in, but imagine if DL just coded this correctly in the first place.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sometimes a SWU can appear to be coded properly until check in when your upgrade priority is lower than it should be.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Amex Centurion, Delta Reserve
How do these get coded incorrectly in the first place though?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.