Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com overhaul

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Still unable to change an upgraded seat. I know I should be thankful when I receive a complimentary upgrade, and indeed I am. But please, maybe just make it a rule that if you get upgraded you take the seat assigned to you, because unless you have a smartphone app there is no changing that seat.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:37 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Since the overhaul, DL.com has not been able to display my upcoming itineraries. It requires me to enter name and PNR to get each one displayed, one at a time. Irritating.

I've called twice. Nothing has changed.
Mine were displaying fine and now they have all disappeared and it is doing the same for me.

WHO IS WORKING IN DELTA IT?!!!?!!?!

How can this airline possibly brag about this new site? It is positively awful.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:25 am

Last two award tickets had to call reservations since:

1. Book domestic roundtrip award ticket;
2. As its completing the booking it automatically upgrades me to first class (thanks Delta!)
3. Since the seats are now first class it thinks I didn't reserve with enough miles
4. Have to call reservations and they force it through as a domestic coach ticket even though some of the seats are first class.

Happened twice in the last few weeks.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by bubbashow

How can this airline possibly brag about this new site? It is positively awful.
Who are you, and what did you do with Bubba?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by mike_plat
I rarely fly DL anymore. But I happened to stumble across the redesigned website. I have to say, they all must have sat around looking at each other in final approval meeting giving the same type of nod that sent the Edsel off into production. OMG! What an unmitigated disaster.
This ^^^^^

Horridly slow and buggy yesterday when looking at potential travel for next year. Unless you're on a cable modem or similar high-speed connection with a very fast computer, it's terrible. Even using a 4G wireless hot-spot it's bad. (and that's beyond that fact that the award calendar is still bogus with no low availability for most of next year).

As bad as some other airline websites have been, Delta's new site takes the cake for being worst, worst, worst.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
This ^^^^^....As bad as some other airline websites have been, Delta's new site takes the cake for being worst, worst, worst.
I thought Hilton's conversion was bad. This DL website has to be the worst. Cluttered and clunky.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: Delta PL, Starwood PL
Angry Award Ticket

Is it odd that when you try to book award ticket it either shows first class option with less miles (than economy class) and somehow it disappears in the next screen (but lower miles remain)....
Also it says for all award tickets - upgrade not eligible ... (which is odd for every single time you try to book award ticket its the same issue)... but after you finish booking and you look at my trips, it says upgrade requested...
I am so confused and beyond frustrated with this CRAP.
Is there an alternative? besides changing alliances?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Was booking an award ticket today. Aside from the overlapping boxes that take way too much time to load, when I finally got what appeared to be my confirmation number, I also got a large box underneath it that said "Unable To Process". Opened up another browser to confirm that the booking was indeed made. You guys in IT must be so proud of yourselves...
Old Dec 12, 2012, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Can anyone tell me where on this site to find the upgrade list after checking in?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by monitor
Can anyone tell me where on this site to find the upgrade list after checking in?
Pull up your itinerary from My Delta. You should find the (small) blue upgrade list link where it usually says "Upgrade Requested" above each flight.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 4:54 pm

Please add me to the long list of Delta flyers who is very disappointed in the new Delta.com. The old site was rather elegant AND functional (especially compared to united.com, aa.com, and continental.com).

For me, the new site is neither.

Start over, Atlanta.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:26 pm

Programs: DM, KM,
had to call customer service yet again yesterday because of continued log-in problems. DM rep told me just to forget about the website for another month and to call them for all needs.

However, today when my UG cleared for the weekend, I thought I would test to see if IT had fixed any bugs, specifically relating to seat change after UG. Lo and behold, I was able to change with no problem--and it seems to have stuck!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
New one for me:

I can no longer do any searches without logging in. I get a blank screen and the address on the line say something like "sessionexpired: redirect=true" but there's no redirect, nothing.

Delta: sometimes people want to search for a flight/schedule without logging in. It happens. Let us do it!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: NW/DL Plat->Gold->Silver, AA EXP 1MM
Unable to book flights or anything else

OK I know my computer is getting older (who isn't?), Mac PM G4 with numerous upgrades.
And I accept that Delta no longer supports the last version of Firefox that works on the G4
But now I can't do anything with Safari (latest version 5.0.6)either--can't book flights or see my flights or pretty much anything else.. Most of the time that is--sometimes it works a little

I suppose there have been other IT fiascos over the years but if this doesn't cost Delta a lot of money there is something wrong with the American consumer
Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: Delta
I have to keep logging in and sometimes my trips dont even show up. This is beyond upsetting and frustrating. The old site was fine, it at least allowed you to see if your upgrades had gone through, now, i can't see anything.

This website upgrade just hurts, i wish it was more thought out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.