Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com overhaul

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Buckshot
Be careful when attempting to use miles or SWUs to upgrade. You must make sure that you do NOT have a medallion upgrade requested. The complimentary upgrade request will take priority over the standby for miles and/or SWU upgrades (and consequently move you further down the list). Makes absolutely no sense but that is the way the system works - in reverse if there is a medallion upgrade request.
How does one know this to be the way it actually works?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Be careful when attempting to use miles or SWUs to upgrade. You must make sure that you do NOT have a medallion upgrade requested. The complimentary upgrade request will take priority over the standby for miles and/or SWU upgrades (and consequently move you further down the list). Makes absolutely no sense but that is the way the system works - in reverse if there is a medallion upgrade request.
Does not sound right. Otherwise everyone who wait lists for a SWU upgrade would have no priority at the gate without intervention by an agent (because everyone has both upgrades requested), and that doesn't seem consistent with my experience.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
according to dl.dumb, I am #6 as a DM on a Y fare. That sounds right.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by javabytes
Does not sound right. Otherwise everyone who wait lists for a SWU upgrade would have no priority at the gate without intervention by an agent (because everyone has both upgrades requested), and that doesn't seem consistent with my experience.
Not everyone has both upgrades requested and I read in FT that when using SWUs one should get off the complimentary list. I don't use SWUs much (mostly for transcons that are otherwise a tough U/G) so when using them I call the DM desk to have my request for medallion upgrade removed. I've been told by three different DM CSAs, most recently about a week ago, that this is indeed the thing to do. I suspect things change at the gate but for upgrades outside of gate control the computer apparently looks for medallion upgrade priority before looking at the wait list (if it even looks at the wait list at all). I have no idea why the system works this way and neither did the agents with whom I talked. One agent just called it an "anomaly". I'll say. I could be misinformed but by three different CSAs? I hope I'm wrong because it is a pain to call and have the request removed, especially because for every little schedule change the computer reprocesses the reservation and automatically reinstates the complimentary upgrade request.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL - DM; UA - 1K; HH - DM
I've read, and agree with, most of these posts.
I've mailed hard copies of complaints and print-outs of pages that aren't - well - print outs at all.
I've submitted the webpage "feedbacks" (for what good they do)
I've submitted a couple of complaints.

Let's face it - if Delta was serious about it's loyal (travel weary) customers - it would have asked for our inputs on the new - but certainly NOT improved - website.

Someone forgot the K.I.S.S. principle at Delta.

Delta has definitely differentiated themselves from the likes of aa.com, ual.com, usair.com, and even - klm.com
Old Dec 2, 2012, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
Christmas morning

I just figured out the mystery of the colorful boxes on the screen. They are presents. You must open one to find out what is inside.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:57 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Please Log In Now

Similar scenario to those described in posts #790 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19706187-post790.html and #976 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19768007-post976.html.

Not logged in, from DL.com home page, search for an award flight. Select desired flights and click Continue. Result is the following page:
Please Log In Now

Before you go any further, we need you to log in.
> Don't have a SkyMiles number or password?

If you're not a SkyMiles member, you can join now. It only takes a few minutes, it's free, and you can start taking advantage of all the benefits of SkyMiles membership.
> Join SkyMiles

If you are a SkyMiles member, but you've forgotten your account number or password, or haven't created a password, you can take care of it here:
> Create a password
> Forgot Your Skymiles number or password?
Missing of course is the actual LOGIN button.....
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Not everyone has both upgrades requested and I read in FT that when using SWUs one should get off the complimentary list. I don't use SWUs much (mostly for transcons that are otherwise a tough U/G) so when using them I call the DM desk to have my request for medallion upgrade removed. I've been told by three different DM CSAs, most recently about a week ago, that this is indeed the thing to do. I suspect things change at the gate but for upgrades outside of gate control the computer apparently looks for medallion upgrade priority before looking at the wait list (if it even looks at the wait list at all). I have no idea why the system works this way and neither did the agents with whom I talked. One agent just called it an "anomaly". I'll say. I could be misinformed but by three different CSAs? I hope I'm wrong because it is a pain to call and have the request removed, especially because for every little schedule change the computer reprocesses the reservation and automatically reinstates the complimentary upgrade request.
I had both requested today to SFO and ended up 1/41 at the gate and got the UG. I was 1/22 at check-in the day before.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I suppose what it would tell you right away is whether or not your SWU is properly coded. If you drop your Medallion UG request and your SWU isn't properly coded, you won't be on the UG list.

But otherwise, I still believe this to be incorrect. Have had both Medallion UGs and SWU UGs requested at the same time, and at the gate my priority was correct.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by KissFlyGoodbye
according to dl.dumb, I am #6 as a DM on a Y fare. That sounds right.
Been covered already a lot. The upgrade list is showing everyone on standby on the flight as well ahead of any and all upgrade-eligible customers. You are almost certainly #1 (#2 if there's another DM on a Y fare who bought his/her ticket before you). You'll see your name in the #1 spot tomorrow at the airport if you don't get upgraded beforehand.

-RM
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I too don't think this is correct. I've used plenty of SWU's recently and never took myself off the list, and was always #1 IF coded correctly.

Originally Posted by javabytes
Key is to make sure it is coded correctly. Agents often don't code it right.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:46 am

I basically had something like this affect me last month flying out of LAS.

I had applied a SWU upgrade for my LAS-ATL-CVG trip. Delta automatically showed the upgrade on the ATL-CVG segment but put me in standby for the LAS-ATL segment. It sat this way for about 3 months. A week before the trip, I called the Medallion desk and they said yeah this was normal. It would need to gate clear.

Day of the trip, try to checkin on the Delta app; no luck. Went to kiosk check-in, error. Line was too long so I went to a sky cap. He said there was something weird going on. Follow him and he'd take it inside. He comes out 10 minutes later and said he got it cleared up but what had happened is that they had already given both of my seats (first class and coach) away to someone else. But he said he didn't understand why that had happened because it had been a confirmed upgrade for over 3 months. So somehow my SWU and my complimentary upgrade (which I wouldn't have apparently gotten even as a Platinum on a K fare) were in conflict.

Barely made the flight and was pretty irritated about the hassle.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Comment / complaint form not working

On the new website I tried twice now (last week and yesterday) to log a complaint that I was charged $90 overweight fee for a 57 pound bag, where as an FO on a domestic itinerary I should have been allowed 70 pounds.

Not sure if the complaint never went through to Delta or if they are purposely ignoring my complaint, but when I used the complaint/comment form last year I immediately got an automated email with the comment/complaints I sent to Delta.

Anyone else had the experience that there is no response when using the comment / complaint form?
Old Dec 4, 2012, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ryanm
The new site lists a Medallion UG for tomorrow as confirmed even though a)my seat is still coach, b)neither the iPhone app nor the DL agent on the phone thinks I was upgraded, and c)this would mean that my Medallion UG leapfrogged over my miles UG, for which I'm on the waitlist:

New York-Kennedy, NY to Portland, OR
JFK►PDX NOT ASSIGNED
Upgrade Waitlisted
+ Add Extras
New York-Kennedy, NY to Portland, OR
JFK►PDX 11D ECONOMY (K)
Medallion Upgrade Confirmed
+ Add Extras
Originally Posted by campbe79
The same thing just happened to me today. The DL site shows my coach seat as "Medallion Upgrade Confirmed", but the I'm 99% sure that it's not really confirmed. I'm #3 on the waitlist, for 2 seats.
Still a problem. Prior to checking in it said Medallion Upgrade Requested and had a View List link. The View List link just popped an error box, however, saying it could not get the upgrade standby list. After I checked in my itinerary now says "Medallion Upgrade Confirmed" and there is no link to view the list. My seat is still in coach and it says Economy (T), so I don't think I have actually been upgraded.

All the ridiculous clutter and the slow response times would be a bit more tolerable if basic functionality wasn't broke.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:15 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Edsel.com

I rarely fly DL anymore. But I happened to stumble across the redesigned website. I have to say, they all must have sat around looking at each other in final approval meeting giving the same type of nod that sent the Edsel off into production. OMG! What an unmitigated disaster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.