Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com overhaul

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: UA 1K
Gosh, "We're sorry. We can't show your upcoming trips right now. Please try again later." I wonder what the "view my reservation" screen is like now?

(OK, I found my "view my reservation" screen by logging out and punching in my PNR and name, but now I can't view any e-ticket receipts: "We're sorry. We can't show your receipt right now. Please try again later.")
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: DL EOS...
Originally Posted by emrdoc
My god, you people love to complain. At least it is entertaining.

Mess around with NEW login format (no clear instructions) spread across several devices while trying to use those devices during an itin doesn't warrant a complaint? Alrighty then, business good, do no wrong...

EM
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: DL DM & 1MM, AA, BA, National Emerald
Just another face lift to dysfunctional award calander?

Just wondering if all this fancy stuff will still cover up DL.com biggest issue... Dysfunctional award calander....

Can't wait to find out!

Btw... I wana hear how much beta testing they did because in my world some of the issues I have had already are very basic.

Just noticed that how many hours into new website launch and no tweet about it by @delta... Wonder why?

Last edited by gatechange; Nov 10, 2012 at 7:52 am Reason: Added
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by gatechange
Just wondering if all this fancy stuff will still cover up DL.com biggest issue... Dysfunctional award calander....

Can't wait to find out!

Btw... I wana hear how much beta testing they did because in my world some of the issues I have had already are very basic.
What's that you say Mr Beta?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: DL-DM SPG-plat
Originally Posted by emrdoc
My god, you people love to complain. At least it is entertaining.

Agreed! Everyone loves a soapbox. I try to post only errors/bugs, but I guess I just broke that rule with this post.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott PP, IHG Rewards Plat, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
This new website interface looks like it was designed on a Commodore 64...
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by txhem
Agreed! Everyone loves a soapbox. I try to post only errors/bugs, but I guess I just broke that rule with this post.
Super, now Delta MBAs are figuring out how they can make $ off people complaining...

brought to you by...Zoloft
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Where do you enter your PASSID? I see the Secure Flight info, but not the additional box for PASSIDs and checkbox for Pre-check. I hope the magic 3 beeps don't disappear because of this.

Overall, I think I like it. It will take time to get used to, but I think it's OK...
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Platinum
Every time I try to access the site I get "Application unavailable". Anyone else having the same problem?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: DL GM, UA; National EC
Originally Posted by gunners
Every time I try to access the site I get "Application unavailable". Anyone else having the same problem?
Yes. The website is down now.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Overall it's above average and, on the Mac, crisp and clear. However, some constructive criticism:

1. Takes way too much vertical space. The earned mileage log, for example, now has to be scrolled a lot. The new filters are ok but still. Same for the flight booking choice blocks.

2. Award calendar seems to suffer from the same perennial problems, especially with the monthly calendar.

3. Flights booked on AF, in Premium Voyageur using my DL FFN, render incorrectly when view on delta.com
- Although the XAtl seat maps now appear, they have the Delta seating configuration instead of AF's!
- Premium Voyageur shows as regular economy although the correct cabin code shows.
- On my SVO-CDG-ATL-JAX return the SVO-CDG segment is missing.

4. My Trips now shows the logical end of the day's travel. On, for example, a ATL-JFK-CDG itinerary, it used to show it as ATL-JFK and now it does show the more accurate and useful ATL-CDG.

Last edited by Pharaoh; Nov 10, 2012 at 8:27 am Reason: Added #4.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: DL PM
TSA Trusted Traveller (Pre-Check) Number entry (and confirmation, since Delta has erased it on me numerous times) is now missing altogether.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:15 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I don't mind the new interface. I also like that you can pull historical receipts, though all the "Seat" receipts make it a little cluttered. A suggestion there might be to make a selection to only select a specific receipt type (have a drop-down or checkboxes with "Flights", "Seats", "Baggage" etc.)

My biggest complaint is the way the mileage posting displays. It does not display any bonus MQMs earned on M+ fares. The MQMs earned on those flights only lists as the total for the flight distance not the COS bonus. Now I don't know if my account has been credited correctly. I hope this gets fixed quickly.

Another annoyance on the mileage posting page is how the trips are displayed. They show as full trips (which I like) but the trip only shows the first segment (much like the old My Trips did). So a MSP-SLC-LAX posts as MSP-SLC and the only way to tell there are additional segments in that grouping is to look at the MQS earned.

Programs: DL DM PM
I think we're being used as beta testers (is it a coincidence that DL staff showed up en masse the other day?) which in principle is fine, but usually when companies do this they provide a "beta" option on the website while still maintaining the old interface to allow users to continue to operate as usual while the bugs are being worked out. This would seem particularly important in the case of a service that is pretty time-critical for those of us in transit!

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
So, you need a password, but can only use letters and numbers - no special letters - example # $ % & .... now, while I use them a lot when swearing (who me?), and rarely use them in passwords, i DO, however, USE them.

In 2012 to develop a password program that doesn't even allow usage of those characters is ridiculous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.