Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com overhaul

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2012, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Sweet, I have been upgraded already. Here is a C and P!

Congrats Mr Hudson! You have been upgraded to our Lincoln Luxury Cabin* brought to you by Lincoln Motor Co. Please enjoy a cold Miller Lite beer when boarding. Miller Lite, tastes great and is less filling. Also by, Sunchips. Sunchips, they taste so good you want to eat 2 bags...and you do if you have a good FA who actually brings em around more than once. And by, Coca Cola, ruining good liquor drinks for over 100 years.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 6:41 am

Programs: DL GM, UA; National EC
Originally Posted by Ti22
Thanks, but as somebody mentioned - 'might mess with phone logins? Screw it, 'hope they just let me keep the old pin?
From the Android app I was still able to log in with the PIN. But I don't know if they update the app soon and lose my PIN for ever.

Apparently as mentioned in some other post, the CS phone now can authenticate via first four chars of the password instead of the PIN.

For people who like PIN instead of password, maybe they could allow 4-digit numeric passwords as an option.

I don't really like the CO/UA login mechanism though. It authenticates both via PIN, or Password. Kind of cancels the point of "strong password for better security".

Last edited by mn567; Nov 10, 2012 at 6:54 am
Old Nov 10, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: DL DM/2 MM, AA, AS, UA, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Gold, SPG Gold, Avis First, Hilton Silver
Flat out don’t like it. The new site is too hard to navigate and requires too many clicks to drill down to the information I want. Website navigation should be intuitive. This one isn’t.

Plus, I'm I the only one who finds it strange that Delta does testing in a production environment? I'd be fired if I tried that.

And what was so bad about the old logon authentication that they felt the need to add a password?

Last edited by PDXLexus; Nov 10, 2012 at 7:02 am
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: DL GM, UA; National EC
There should be a way to customize "widgets" in preferences.. The "My Delta" page mostly has deals that I am not interested in, instead of information that might actually be useful to quickly look at.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mn567
There should be a way to customize "widgets" in preferences.. The "My Delta" page mostly has deals that I am not interested in, instead of information that might actually be useful to quickly look at.
My Delta Page... your page, your info!

Brought to you by..

Delta Cruises
Delta Vacation Club
Delta Private Jets
Amazon
Coke
FTD
Skymiles Dining
American Express
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:05 am

Programs: DL EOS...
Remember this one - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...oduce-you.html

One might think the new DL intro thread to reach out here could've given us a heads' up about this CONFUSING password change before it pops and DOESN'T work. Or, how about a better explanation on the website?

And who knows what the ramifications will be now that I've clicked LATER?

Look & feel is weird but will adjust.

But, the PW thing really, really irks me and I think I might just dig out those other "loyalty" programs and let them mess with my travel instead of being surprised at the worst moment by Delta...

When you're stuck in the middle of an itin the most important thing is RELIABILITY worrying about if a PW or PIN is gonna work when you NEED IT MOST does not instill much, if any, confidence. Boo, hiss...

Last edited by Ti22; Nov 10, 2012 at 7:17 am
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by DLCorpGuy
there are some exciting things coming from the e-Commerce/technology teams and this is one component of it.
When the EOS is going to be announced? Revamping the website that has now been "completed" was going to happen before the announcement/implementation.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA Gold MM, Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, Hertz PC
Can't change sets on. My Ipad. So far I'm very disappointed in the change.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: DL-DM SPG-plat
Receipts page errors

I theoretically like the My Receipts page, but two problems: I can't see receipts not booked on delta.com, and in addition to actual receipts, I show a lot of "receipts" called "Seats" instead of the city names.

Overall, the overhaul seems to be a step in the right direction, but also a step down in usability and speed.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
It's a poor choice in font IMO. It looks too pixelated and jagged. If they added a slight black outline, it wouldn't look so "high school photoshop." The site is clunky at times just going from page to page or navigating where things are as the widget boxes are bunched up.

I do like the search feature of Account Activity portion where I can limit my search or views of what is posted to my account - award redemptions, non-flight activity postings (car rentals, hotel), etc.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Whoever they've offloaded the graphics to has not been added to the Gogo allowed list, so the website is quite useless on Gogo at the moment unless you pay. This includes changing seats.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Reserve card shows up

It just showed that I have a Amex Reserve card
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by javabytes
Whoever they've offloaded the graphics to has not been added to the Gogo allowed list, so the website is quite useless on Gogo at the moment unless you pay. This includes changing seats.
Brought to you by Gogo.... unless you are using Gogo.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: DL-DM SPG-plat
Trip map, no non-US cities

Trip map should be neat, but it only shows U.S. cities. It doesn't show any of my current or future non-U.S. destination (Canada, Asia, etc.).
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:37 am

Unhappy

My god, you people love to complain. At least it is entertaining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.