Delta/KLM Flt. 9375 ATL-AMS

Old Nov 9, 12, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Delta/KLM Flt. 9375 ATL-AMS

A friend and I are flying from Atlanta to Amsterdam on KLM #9375 and the flight is notated as a "red eye".

We are both in Economy Comfort, what can we expect other than the obvious?
Old Nov 9, 12, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

A little extra legroom, additional recline. Same Y meal service.
Old Nov 9, 12, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
I assume that you're flying DL9375, a codeshare on KLM metal.

In that case, the recline is even greater than the recline in Delta Economy Comfort. It almost makes for pleasant sleep (considering you're in economy).

Also, as your close to the front of the plane, you should be served food and beverages first, as well as be first to disembark after World Business Class; so you'll be near the front of the line for immigration in AMS.

When is your flight? I'd recommend the "A la carte" meals you can pre-order on KLM.com. They're a bit spendy, but they're much better than regular economy food, and make for a more pleasant flight.
Old Nov 11, 12, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Wow - KLM's ala-carte meals look great, but the KLM web site indicated they are only available on international flights originating in AMS and to order one you have to be a Flying Blue member. Oh well, are there any good food options in the ATL F terminal? Someone told me there is no currency exchange in the F terminal, is this accurate?

Last edited by dwsnc; Nov 11, 12 at 6:11 am Reason: added additional questions
Old Nov 11, 12, 6:55 am

Programs: Delta Silver, BA Bronze, Accor Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat
You don't have to be a Flying Blue member if you pay by creditcard.
Old Nov 11, 12, 9:03 am

Programs: DL Diam 2MM (2.3), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR View Post
so you'll be near the front of the line for immigration in AMS.
Not sure this will make much of a difference in AMS given the number of arriving flight all the time.
Old Nov 11, 12, 9:10 am

I take this flight 3x a year. Its great! KLM international service>Delta international service. The 1x I bumped up to economy comfort was when I was sat next to a 450LB man. So since then, I don't pay for it. Make sure you walk to the back of the plain mid-flight....KLM usually puts out some good treats in the crew prep area for passengers to freely take. Last time I took the flight was 2 months ago, and I had a chicken dinner.
Old Nov 11, 12, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dwsnc View Post
Wow - KLM's ala-carte meals look great, but the KLM web site indicated they are only available on international flights originating in AMS and to order one you have to be a Flying Blue member. Oh well, are there any good food options in the ATL F terminal? Someone told me there is no currency exchange in the F terminal, is this accurate?
I haven't noticed currency exchange places in ATL F, but it's easy enough to take the train to E to do this.

There also are currency exchanges places at AMS, for example a bank when you enter the main concourse from F on the way to immigration and customs. There should be further places near the customs exits at AMS and possibly something in the landside shopping area near the AMS train station.

You're likely to get better rates if you change money in AMS rather than ATL.
Old Nov 11, 12, 9:44 am

Programs: DL Diam 2MM (2.3), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by dwsnc View Post
Someone told me there is no currency exchange in the F terminal, is this accurate?
Depending on your bank's policies, you might be better to use one of the ATMs scattered around AMS. (My Capital One account has not forex fees and any ATM fees are refunded, but this will depend on your issuing bank.)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: