Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta to "Re"-Introduce Widebodies on LAX-JFK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta to "Re"-Introduce Widebodies on LAX-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by DrivingRain
They're calling it "BusinessElite"; are we sure they'll have V inventory on these?
I'm fairly certain they call it BusinessElite now. But I share your and Rylan's concern about upgrades. Maybe they'll insist on a K+ and an SWU, and then point out that, see, the SWUs aren't that useless after all...
Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
Originally Posted by rylan
Yeah I'm concerned about that... brought it up in a different thread a few weeks ago. Guess we'll have to see, but I don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling. Might end up requiring an SWU to upgrade from K+ and no more comp medallion upgrades.
They could also go to Y/B/M-only upgrades with the SWU.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:46 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Hi all. We knew you'd see the schedule load over the weekend and be the first to figure it out because that's how you roll. Hopefully you're as pleased about the 757 mod as you are the 76 - we're pretty excited about it. Here's a link to the full release for your information. We'll watch the thread and try to answer as many questions as we can. http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1757
Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by Zomba
Looks like we're all concerned about this.

I suppose what might save us is that the competition offers the UGs per typical domestic upgrade rules, correct?

If so, changing the policy would likely drive customers like me to UA/AA
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Originally Posted by DrivingRain
They're calling it "BusinessElite"; are we sure they'll have V inventory on these?
I'm fairly certain they call it BusinessElite now. But I share your and Rylan's concern about upgrades. Maybe they'll insist on a K+ and an SWU, and then point out that, see, the SWUs aren't that useless after all...
Yes they've called it Biz Elite since they launched those 75Es on the route in 2009.

So far only change has been upping the mile redemption - there's an asterisk on the domestic chart for BizElite flights as of earlier this year. It's 110,000 RT for Medium vs the 80,000 prior. Which is a lousy rate -- more than to Europe on AF...

I think they also tack on a surcharge if you route an A fare to say OAK in one of these flights.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Zomba
There's an infinite variety of things they could do, but I don't think there is Delta precedent for Y/B/M with SWU on domestic routes.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
So, I wonder what model of seats will the new flat beds on the 75Es will be. I'm not sure that the Thompson Vantage can fit in a 2-2 layout on a 757 due to the wide footwells for passengers behind. One such model of seat that will fit would be the B/E Aerospace Diamond, which is found on UA's PMCO 752s.

I hope Mr. Babb is reading this post.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG
This is a great development.

For those of us who have come to love the wi-fi on JFK-LAX/SFO, I'm guessing that the 76Zs flying the route will eventually have wi-fi installed, correct?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:03 pm

I also like that the new renovated 75E will feature DISH TV (18 channels Live TV) on top of the normal AVOD programing. Each seat will get power outlet and USB port as well. The expanded EC section is welcoming.

Just wonder if upgrades on the 76Z will come easier but at least there are 29 seats instead of 16 seats.

Can't wait to see the new Biz Elite seat on the upgraded 75Es! I hope it is not 2-2! I like direct aisle access!

To give Delta credits, the current BE product on the transcon flights are very nice with excellent meals, amenity kit, and noise-canceling headsets. No wonder they have more paid biz passengers now!

Carfield
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Carfield
Can't wait to see the new Biz Elite seat on the upgraded 75Es! I hope it is not 2-2! I like direct aisle access!

Carfield
Quote from article:
Sixteen full flat-bed seats on the updated transcontinental 757 fleet will be arranged in a 2-2 configuration and offer a 20-inch wide seat and an average bed length of 79 inches.
Sorry, but they will be in a 2-2 layout.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:16 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by DLCorpGirl
Hi all. We knew you'd see the schedule load over the weekend and be the first to figure it out because that's how you roll. Hopefully you're as pleased about the 757 mod as you are the 76 - we're pretty excited about it. Here's a link to the full release for your information. We'll watch the thread and try to answer as many questions as we can. http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1757
Awesome!

I just wish that DL Corporate wouldn't cherrypick so liberally on which topics merit interaction
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Nice that those 767Z will have wi-fi. Was afraid they wouldn't since they could be tasks on some intl markets as well.

Big question remains as to if upgrades will be changing for these routes or remaining as-is.

I'm also curious as to what the wine selection will be... they have premium service with the seating, food and entertainment, but currently the wine selection is the same crappy domestic stuff. Hope they put the intl wines on board, and some port as well.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Meanwhile, SAN/JFK, also a transcon, remains on 738... If we could at least get the 757s back ... even with regular domestic first.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
Nice that those 767Z will have wi-fi. Was afraid they wouldn't since they could be tasks on some intl markets as well.

Big question remains as to if upgrades will be changing for these routes or remaining as-is.

I'm also curious as to what the wine selection will be... they have premium service with the seating, food and entertainment, but currently the wine selection is the same crappy domestic stuff. Hope they put the intl wines on board, and some port as well.
Wine on these have been upgraded for a while -- usually $20 range bottles so similar to intl biz elite.

And they just upped the frequency of rotation:

http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1686
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Hrmm, guess when I was on the JFK-SFO route a few weeks ago it was catered wrong for the wine. No big deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.