Wiki Posts
Search

Reality Bites

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, AA Platinum
Reality Bites

Diamond going on about 150,000 MQM this year excluding rollover. I realize some have more blah, blah, blah but to reach that requires paying for intl biz class on multiple occasions in a year. Am on a bizarre multi segment biz trip with multiple stops that included mexico, Bogota to Atlanta and back ... Purchased as Y fare by my corporate travel department. #1 on upgrade list each way between atl and bogota and sat in coach each way. I am fine with coach (actually the butt support in economy comfort is really comfy) but what annoys me is that if a Diamond on a full Y fare cannot get upgraded, then the medallion program has become a joke. I am currently sitting on my connection from atl to MKE which has FOUR more biz/first class seats than the 737 winglets Delta flew to and from ATL and BOG. Thanks or letting me vent.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

wfbf...
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
wfbf...
What does that mean? And I have so many MQMs accrued that I m doing united in 2013 starting with new years to Rio!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:11 pm
Suspended

Cool

Originally Posted by Flyingdevil
What does that mean? And I have so many MQMs accrued that I m doing united in 2013 starting with new years to Rio!
Sounds like a great trip, but don't expect any more upgrades on UA than on DL.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:13 pm

Want First Buy First
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

My ticket cost my company for full Y about $2500 and I promise you folks sitting in g
Front of me did not pat that much. So your mantra is a little incorrect.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

My friends who are united 1K seem to always get upgraded. Are they blustering?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:21 pm
Suspended

Cool

My ticket cost my company for full Y about $2500 and I promise you folks sitting in g
Sounds like you need better travel folks at your company.

Enjoy the trip to Rio, it sounds like a blast. I need to get back there for Mardi Gras some time.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nystateofmind
Want First Buy First
Furthermore, you are missing the whole point of my post. If at full Y fare a diamond cannot get upgraded, in essence Delta is telling all medallions that upgrades no matter what can be impossible. If delta is interested in short term profofits, such asmy company paying $2500 for a r/t that should have cost a fraction of that, then they are achieving their goal. If the want brand loyalty, which is important then... In August 2010 I had 30,000 lifetime miles with Delta. Today I just surpassed 500,000. That is real revenue they will miss!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:22 pm
Suspended

Dude, look over in the UA forum, and about 90% of the posts are complaints about how elites there just don't get respect, upgrades, etc. All in all, it sounds like it is easier to get upgrades on DL than UA.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:23 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
Maybe first class was already full?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I just searched DL.com for random dates in November and it was $692 plus $291 each way to upgrade. Why did your company pay $2500 for coach?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Dude, look over in the UA forum, and about 90% of the posts are complaints about how elites there just don't get respect, upgrades, etc. All in all, it sounds like it is easier to get upgrades on DL than UA.
In LA seemingly everyone flies AA or UA in the "industry" when not flying private. My friends - rather than posts on a random website- are getting upgraded and are still vouching for UA serviice. I go by that, not a random angry poster (like me, I admit (although subsequent to my last posting DL lost my luggage)).
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps they used miles or SWU's for their upgrades? Do you believe you were somehow singled out to not get upgraded while people with lower status and on lower fares did? If so, how did you come to that conclusion? I'm not following your logic.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL ♦, Marriot Plt, NATL EE
Time to move this to the DYKWIA thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.