Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta Safety Video w/Deltalina Cameo

New Delta Safety Video w/Deltalina Cameo

Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles (SM, 1MM) Marriott Rewards (Lifetime Gold), HHonors (Lifetime Diamond)
I wonder if this time delta will actually show electronic equipment that actual people use like iPhones, iPads, etc. the last one had a flip phone that hasn't been seen in like 6 years and some kind of "We really don't want to endorse an iPod" MP3 player that I think was sold at the dollar store.

Plus.... I think they should portray what would really happen if you lit up on the plane.... The FA would immediately ask other passengers to tackle you, go tell the captain that someone was interfering with a flight crew and land the plane immediately and have the FBI and the TSA-Gestapo meet the flight... Then remoe everyone from the flight to rescan them --- just in case out of an abundance of caution..... But I think that would take too long to show on the video :-)
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
I wonder if they'll show any DYKWIAs turning ON their video camera during takeoff to record the departure out of JFK flying low over NYC. Apparently that is encouraged by DL and the FAA now, especially if there are birds in the vicinity.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Maybe instead of introducing himself, RA starts out saying "Do You Know Who I Am?"
ROFL!!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Getting rid of Deltalina is a big mistake. She brought a lot of publicity to Delta. Well, DL may get some recognition for this decision in future marketing classes of what not to do...
Old Apr 24, 2012, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by Canarsie
You might want to re-think that sentiment...

...hidden visuals are expected to be interspersed throughout the safety video, as well as the repeated appearance of a certain celebrity in the background. There is also expected to be subtle yet strange humor included throughout the safety video. Yes, I do know the details, but I will not reveal them here, via private message, via e-mail message, via telephone or in person, so please do not ask.

Furthermore — in order for the passengers to keep paying attention — multiple versions of the safety video are expected to be filmed and rotated on a regular basis.
Doesn't matter how funny, if they don't have a good looking female in the video you lost me. Shallow....but I'm ok with that.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by stewie7669
No she comes out of the Lav smoking a cigarette, followed a few minutes later (acting very discreet), by Otto the inflatable automatic pilot from "Airplane"
Really? I thought she was followed out by a grinning Sparkletooth

P.S. I realize they are likely interested in the same people
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:21 am

Programs: Delta DM (3 MM) ; Sky Club (Lifetime)
Less is more

Hopefully, they have edited the video down to less than the 4.5 minutes it now takes to tell us how to use a seat belt...
This current version should have never been allowed to replace the showing of full length feature films.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:29 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
Doesn't matter how funny, if they don't have a good looking female in the video you lost me. Shallow....but I'm ok with that.
+1. Nice to know I'm not the only shallow one posting here.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by dcline414
Maybe someone signs up for an AmEx and books a low fare award ticket in the background!

Or an FO tag is seen hanging on a bag in FC after they got the medallion upgrade thanks to Delta "installing more FC so frequent flyers find themselves sitting up front more often!"
This is why I love keeping the FO tags on my bags as a DM!!!

I'll miss KL dearly, she rocked.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by azeckel
They couldn't find a ham sandwich to star in it?
Ham rove!
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
So she comes out of the lav smoking a cigar?
.... followed by an obviously disheveled Sparkly Tooth guy wearing a mischievous grin. << ping >>
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Taking away our Deltalina is--

\/\/\/\/\/ NOT ALLOWED \/\/\/\/\/

on ANY Delta flight!
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLYpKGVBUg#t=0m55s

10 seconds ^

Right you're not *wags finger*

-J.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: Delta DM, 1MM USAir SP Marriott Plat National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kuhlguy
please tell me this means they might do away with RA little bit .........

if i have to hear about "as a big global airline" or the fact that he gets to sit at CE's desk everyday I'm going to scream.
As a Segment Diamond, I will admit to irrational dreams of smashing the video screen when Richard goes into his "honesty, integrity and mutual respect..." etc...When someone tells me they are honest, I check my wallet (and while I was doing that, Richard devalued my SkyPesos).
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by HongKonger
Taking away our Deltalina is--

\/\/\/\/\/ NOT ALLOWED \/\/\/\/\/

on ANY Delta flight!

Seriously - bad move Delta unless she plays a major role.

At some point she like all of us ages but we're nowhere near that now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.