Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hurricane Sandy, DL, and Mid-Atlantic States

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hurricane Sandy, DL, and Mid-Atlantic States

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
What about PA??? Odd they didn't include it...especially PHL
Good catch -- it'll reach Del (which doesn't have a real airport that I know of),
BWI, EWR, but not PHL... or MDT

It'll be interesting to see if it eventually impacts DTW !

Sounds like a good week to stay off the road and the good news is the election isn't until a week later.

Bob H
Old Oct 26, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL Medialia Platina
{deleted}

Last edited by Throw Down Your Leavy Screens; Oct 26, 2012 at 6:43 pm Reason: Rendered moot by Delta announcing waivers/changes.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL DM
Arrgh

AARGH

I have 9 staffers coming in from Sydney to JFK on Monday and 8 going from JFK to London on Wednesday.

5 of them are the same people and I can't even reroute them directly because they're all packed for 10 days in the Oz summer and heading to three weeks in the UK in November.

Still seats on the Thursday flights, but we take a substantial financial hit for even a day delay...then again, if they're cancelled, it could be days before the get out and an even bigger financial hit.

Talk about a gamble...

Last edited by remyontheroad; Oct 26, 2012 at 6:00 pm
Old Oct 26, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM; AS MVP-G
BOS is, by one of the more preferred models of the meteorological community, forecast to have 65mph wind gusts by Monday evening.

I'm hoping for a quick addition of BOS, BDL, PVD, and PWM by later this evening.

UA also presently includes New England in their waiver.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:40 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Marriott Gold; SPG Gold
Just changed my Monday SLC-JFK flight (arr JFK @ 8:20PM) to Sunday same flight with no fees or problems. Easily done on delta.dumb but seats are getting scarce on the non-stop flights.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by flyfarther
Just changed my Monday SLC-JFK flight (arr JFK @ 8:20PM) to Sunday same flight with no fees or problems. Easily done on delta.dumb but seats are getting scarce on the non-stop flights.
I Just had issues with 3 flights...

I'm WAS-BOS Sunday-Monday (Arrive Morning) back in DC. Then I leave WAS-LAS that evening (Monday). Return LAS-WAS Thurs. Out WAS-CHI Friday. This is going to be one hectic travel week. I wish a multi itinerary was possible in this case.

All flights are Tight. I almost got stuck in a middle seat on one of my flights and said re route me through MSP for one just to avoid a middle seat.

I'm praying the upgrade gods come through on my flights as I'm booked on K and H fares. With IRROPs though, this diamond may be clunking big time this week.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL FO MM, AA EXP MM, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
A side note, a friend was calling around to various stores today looking for a generator, the last store he checked told him the closest generator to the Mid-Atlantic region was probably in GA. Mine is all gased up ready to go
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
If I were in operations for a commercial airline, there's no way I'd leave one of my company's planes on the ground at JFK past midnight Sunday. The airport is in a horrible location from a surge potential perspective, and the odds are too good that they'll get runways at least partially underwater from Sandy.
Yep, LGA with one of the runways partially over the water also won't be good. I don't see how they will leave the planes there, plus they will want to keep as many routes open as possible so they will need those planes.

I'm supposed to fly on Monday morning, if the flight happens, I'll go, but would rather them just cancel it early so I don't have to wait.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
It's better to go early if possible. But then again DL didn't include MA on the advisory so they must believe that it will only be delays.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Based on the forecasts I'm seeing for our area, I'd say the morning is a much better option than the afternoon. But Sunday would be preferable, if possible.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 8:19 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
I'm flying into BWI on Monday morning. I'm on the 7am flight so crossing my fingers it doesn't get cancelled.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I have a related question. What sort of impact will this have on flights that are flying West Coast to and from MSP at that time?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1MM, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I'm off to PHL Monday mid-day for a week in PA. There's lots of emails flying about the company right now to determine whether we should postpone the project. There are eight of us coming in and it could get very expensive if we all show up to darkness and closed sites.

Cheers,
Pogopossum
Old Oct 26, 2012, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA E- inhabitant
Relatives in NJ asked if I'd come help them get ready. I said sure, what kind of booze do you like? They weren't amused, but I'm a Floridian after all. What did they expect, taking a category 1 storm that's being beaten up by windshear seriously?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BergerPHL
A side note, a friend was calling around to various stores today looking for a generator, the last store he checked told him the closest generator to the Mid-Atlantic region was probably in GA. Mine is all gased up ready to go
Got my generator last year after the tropical storm. I was lucky and was pretty much the only town within the region to have power. Other areas were out for a week or more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.