Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Reserve AMEX... When do new card MQMs post?

Delta Reserve AMEX... When do new card MQMs post?

Old Dec 25, 2012, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Auston
I upgraded from Delta Gold to Reserve in late November. Made my first purchase a few days later. I have still yet to see my 10K MQM upgrade bonus post. This seems to be inconsistent with the other posters.

I need these MQM to maintain status, so of course, I'm getting a bit antsy.

I tweeted DeltaAssist a week ago. They checked things out and saw no reason I should not get the bonus.

Anyone know who else I should reach out to in order to ensure things are OK? Is this an AMEX issue? I'm not sure, but I just want to make sure I have my bases covered, as the end of the year nears.

Thanks. (and Merry Christmas!)
Yes you should be concerned. It is a AMEX issue (they are the one that MUST issue the points not Delta). I had a reader spend days and hours trying to upgrade and have a post about it up from Monday. Call and call soon!
Old Dec 25, 2012, 1:42 pm

I needed 7500 MQMs to qualify for gold for 2013. I applied for the Delta Reserve (personal) card Sat 12/15/2012, got it Tue 12/18, and my first spend didn't happen until Fri 12/21 (I was out of town when card came - they won't let you ship card to diff address during application process, even if you apply over phone). The first purchase posted on Mon 12/24. Now is the nervous waiting period whether the 10k MQMs will post in time.

So I called Amex today (12/25). The lady said that she does see that I made my first purchase and that I did qualify for the bonus MQMs and that they are "pending" to post to Delta. But my statement doesn't close until 1/11/2013 and the MQMs are sent to Delta only after the statement closes and you make a payment. So the miles will not be sent to Delta until Jan 2013. There's no way to push the statement close date up further as I just applied for the card and haven't even received a statement - I asked. However, she did say that b/c I qualified for the bonus miles in 2012, they will still count toward the 2012 MQM even if they are sent to Delta in Jan 2013. I asked her if she's 100% confident of that and she said "that's what she's been told". So I took her word for it but feeling a bit doubtful, I called Delta Skymiles next.

I explained to the Delta Skymiles rep of the situation that I had just gotten the Reserve card for the bonus and wanting the bonus MQMs to post for 2012 but was told by Amex that the points won't actually be sent over until Jan 2013. The guy said that he is "absolutely 100% positive" that what the lady at Amex said is correct. So I asked him "so even though the points won't post into my account until Jan 2013, b/c the MQMs were earned in 2012, when they post, they'll count towards the 2012 status?" "Yes". "So I'll be upgraded to Gold in Jan 2013 then". "That's correct".

Ok... take it however you will... I just hope I didn't plunk down $450 for nothing.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 9:25 pm

Where can I check the yearly spend amount on my reserve AMEX account? Not sure how much I need to get to the next threshold.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by onic
Where can I check the yearly spend amount on my reserve AMEX account? Not sure how much I need to get to the next threshold.
You can do it online. From the card's Account Home page, select the "Go to online statement" option. Then, in the Time Period drop down box, select "Year to Date." Once the data sorts, scroll to the bottom to read the YTD total.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
You can do it online. From the card's Account Home page, select the "Go to online statement" option. Then, in the Time Period drop down box, select "Year to Date." Once the data sorts, scroll to the bottom to read the YTD total.
Be sure to subtract fees from the overall total...pretty sure they do not count towards overall spend.

Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by laoh
I needed 7500 MQMs to qualify for gold for 2013. I applied for the Delta Reserve (personal) card Sat 12/15/2012, got it Tue 12/18, and my first spend didn't happen until Fri 12/21 (I was out of town when card came - they won't let you ship card to diff address during application process, even if you apply over phone). The first purchase posted on Mon 12/24. Now is the nervous waiting period whether the 10k MQMs will post in time.

So I called Amex today (12/25). The lady said that she does see that I made my first purchase and that I did qualify for the bonus MQMs and that they are "pending" to post to Delta. But my statement doesn't close until 1/11/2013 and the MQMs are sent to Delta only after the statement closes and you make a payment. So the miles will not be sent to Delta until Jan 2013. There's no way to push the statement close date up further as I just applied for the card and haven't even received a statement - I asked. However, she did say that b/c I qualified for the bonus miles in 2012, they will still count toward the 2012 MQM even if they are sent to Delta in Jan 2013. I asked her if she's 100% confident of that and she said "that's what she's been told". So I took her word for it but feeling a bit doubtful, I called Delta Skymiles next.

I explained to the Delta Skymiles rep of the situation that I had just gotten the Reserve card for the bonus and wanting the bonus MQMs to post for 2012 but was told by Amex that the points won't actually be sent over until Jan 2013. The guy said that he is "absolutely 100% positive" that what the lady at Amex said is correct. So I asked him "so even though the points won't post into my account until Jan 2013, b/c the MQMs were earned in 2012, when they post, they'll count towards the 2012 status?" "Yes". "So I'll be upgraded to Gold in Jan 2013 then". "That's correct".

Ok... take it however you will... I just hope I didn't plunk down $450 for nothing.
Ok, forget everything I just said above.
The 10000 bonus MQMs posted on 12/25, basically after I wrote this up (probably during nightly maintenance or something?). I'm safely Gold now. Yes, "only" gold amidst all the platinum and diamond people here.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 6:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I upgraded from Delta Gold to Reserve in late November. Made my first purchase a few days later. I have still yet to see my 10K MQM upgrade bonus post. This seems to be inconsistent with the other posters.

I need these MQM to maintain status, so of course, I'm getting a bit antsy.

I tweeted DeltaAssist a week ago. They checked things out and saw no reason I should not get the bonus.

Anyone know who else I should reach out to in order to ensure things are OK? Is this an AMEX issue? I'm not sure, but I just want to make sure I have my bases covered, as the end of the year nears.

Thanks. (and Merry Christmas!)
AFAIK DL agents can see whether a Reserve card is linked to your DL FF account (just as you can by looking at your account summary page on delta.dumb), but I don't think they can see anything more. In particular, problems with missing MQMs tend to be handled through AmEx liaisons rather than DL SkyMiles people. Hence I would be surprised if the DL twitter team can see more than whether you have a Reserve card tied to your account. YMMV but IMO you need to contact AmEx (try the customer service number on the back of the card and ask for a human agent) to ask if there's a problem.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AFAIK DL agents can see whether a Reserve card is linked to your DL FF account (just as you can by looking at your account summary page on delta.dumb), but I don't think they can see anything more. In particular, problems with missing MQMs tend to be handled through AmEx liaisons rather than DL SkyMiles people. Hence I would be surprised if the DL twitter team can see more than whether you have a Reserve card tied to your account. YMMV but IMO you need to contact AmEx (try the customer service number on the back of the card and ask for a human agent) to ask if there's a problem.
According to AMEX ...
"We do not have access to the Medallion Qualification Miles as they are issued by Delta directly."

This seems to go against what others are saying, so I am indeed quite confused.

Regardless, I have one day to wait until the 4 weeks has passed since my first transaction, so no one says they can do much until then (as MQMs can take 2-4 weeks to post).
Old Dec 27, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
According to AMEX ...
"We do not have access to the Medallion Qualification Miles as they are issued by Delta directly."

This seems to go against what others are saying, so I am indeed quite confused.

Regardless, I have one day to wait until the 4 weeks has passed since my first transaction, so no one says they can do much until then (as MQMs can take 2-4 weeks to post).
Don't wait. Call back now. This is an Amex issue and only Amex can fix this. Usual call center rules apply - if the first agent you speak with doesn't help, (politely) hang up and call again.
Old May 17, 2014, 7:02 pm
Used to be FlyingMedallionDL

Programs: DL PM, Delta Reserve and 1.2 MM
Still haven't received my upgrade bonus MQMs

Hi all,
I had the DL branded AMEX platinum and when I called about a small question back in Feb, I was told I was eligible to get 10,000 MQMs and 10,000 regular miles if I upgrade to the Reserve and make any Delta purchase. I went ahead a upgraded the card and bought a DL ticket the same day. I have been checking and haven't received any MQMs. I called AMEX many times during the past weeks and they said it takes up to 12 weeks, so they won't do any investigations until May 23 (12 weeks after I upgraded and made a DL purchase). They said I did satisfy the bonus requirement but had no clue why the MQMs aren't posting.

Did anyone experience a delay like this? I also noticed that most of my calls to AMEX are handled at off-shore call centers (namely, the Philippines) and they don't really understand how MQMs and this bonus offer work. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.