Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

JFK T2-T4 airside connecter finnished by 2013?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T2-T4 airside connecter finnished by 2013?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by rylan
Your domestic DL leg will arrive in T2 or T3 and there is a shuttle within the terminal area to get to T4. You don't have to leave security. Gate 19 (T2) and Gate 11 (T3) are for the shuttle. Note you'll probably have to wait a bit for it, and it takes 10-15 min to get to T4 once they start boarding the shuttle.
Thanks for the response. Can we definitely get access to the 'A gates' in T4 from the Delta T2/T3 shuttle?

The flight we're looking at has a connection time of 75 minutes between DL and VS. VS have said that this is exactly on their MCT for domestic-international at JFK.

Assuming the DL check-in agent at TPA would be able to print our VS boarding passes, this doesn't seem like too much of a risky connection?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc
Hello, sorry to bump up an old thread, but I have a question specifically relating to this post-security shuttle.

I'm thinking of booking TPA-JFK-LHR with Virgin Atlantic. They'd be using Delta for the domestic segment all on one PNR.

I'm not sure which JFK terminal the Delta flight would arrive at?

However, if I arrive from TPA at T2/3, would I be able to use this shuttle to get to T4 for my VS flight without having to re-clear security? VS use the 'A' gates in T4.

Any help is much appreciated
I didn't think it was possible to have both VS and DL on the same PNR. Also, just be sure to double check whether Delta would be willing to check your bags through for you if the flights are not on the same PNR.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Thanks for the response. Can we definitely get access to the 'A gates' in T4 from the Delta T2/T3 shuttle?

The flight we're looking at has a connection time of 75 minutes between DL and VS. VS have said that this is exactly on their MCT for domestic-international at JFK.

Assuming the DL check-in agent at TPA would be able to print our VS boarding passes, this doesn't seem like too much of a risky connection?
I'm fairly certain that you cannot connect airside from the B gates to the A gates at T4. I have never noticed any ability to do so with the current setup.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR
I didn't think it was possible to have both VS and DL on the same PNR. Also, just be sure to double check whether Delta would be willing to check your bags through for you if the flights are not on the same PNR.
It's possible. Whether Delta has an interlining agreement with VS is another matter (I would think they would though).
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Correct to assume that, no matter how unpleasant the bus is, it's faster than exiting T2, walking to T4 and going back through security? This would be at 7:30 pm-ish.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Correct to assume that, no matter how unpleasant the bus is, it's faster than exiting T2, walking to T4 and going back through security? This would be at 7:30 pm-ish.
I'd tend to agree with you.

And other than having to wait for the bus, it's actually not bad. I've generally had good drivers/chaperones, and you're able to relax, rather than rush through the airport (especially in the wintertime!).
Old Nov 10, 2012, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Thanks folks. VS has interline agreements with more airlines than you may imagine. These include BA, AA, DL, Jetblue etc.

I spoke to DL, and they said they they couldn't 100% guarantee that checked bags would be interlined to VS when we check in at TPA, even if we're on the same PNR. That's disappointing, as last time we flew the route Jetblue were able to check us to LHR and print our VS boarding passes when we checked in at Sarasota.

If we have to collect and re-check bags, we'll have no chance of making an 75 minute connection, so given that risk we'll probably book an earlier flight with DL/AA/JetBlue.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:20 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
No, you can access only the B gates, which are a separate sterile area from A. Not clear if DL would allow you on the bus, but even if they do you'll have to leave the secure area in B and reclear security at the A gates. Probably would be easier just to take the Airtrain to T4.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
Please remind me:

- how many gates does DL use at T3 now?
- how many total gates will they have in T4 when the first phase of T4 opens, ie, nine new plus XX existing
- where will flights using existing T4B gates be relocated?
- when will T3 demolition begin
- in the Leo Mullen era T4 expansion design, T4B had a triangular tip for mainline flights as opposed to the commuter airline tip. Why the change?
- any news on additional funding to complete second phase of T4 expansion? Demolition and expansion of T1?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL PLAT and 2MM;AA EXP;MR GOLD;PC Gold
So Delta is just EXTENDING a MEDIOCRE Terminal

So far as I can see during my excruciating travels thru JFK, Delta is just increasing the length of an already mediocre terminal. Terminal 4 is nothing compared to both architecturally interesting and service filled airport terminals in cities 1/3 the size of NYC in Europe. JFK is a disgrace and I am embarassed when I land from Europe that JFK may be the first impression a new visitor to our country has.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by twoaisleplane
While it's not an official announcement from Delta (or the PANYNJ), this article from yesterday written by a reporter given a tour of the T4 construction specifically says that the accesss between T2 and T4 will be via shuttle buses.

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2012/10...9;s+Terminal+4
Wow! What an huge improvement! It's look so gorgeous! I like it lots. It's look so different than the old entire T3 & T2. I wasn't sure if they demolished the entire T2 or not. It's whether NYNJPA will have a decide to get an approved. If they demolition the entire T2. Because it was very old terminal and its so terrible out there. It will hurt me. I cannot walk too far away.

Originally Posted by adamj023
The T4 plans with the added gates was already shown. Remember, Delta's fleet will consist of bigger planes going out in the future and even the smallest planes will be larger.

Here is what the expanded T4 will look like when all phases are completed in the future including the RJ gates:

http://filecache.drivetheweb.com/mr4...ior-future.jpg
I am really hope DL will have reduced the congestion. Because T3/4 had a problem the aircraft to park the gates. And now, it will helps to reduction the congestion. That way they won't have any problem. Do you consider that DL will have to reduced the bag requirement from 60-minutes to 45 minutes?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
JFK T2-T4 airside connecter is not happening. DL is securing fancy new busses to hold over until the lease ends on T2 and/or further expansion is made to T4. Not worth it to spend big $$ on a connector.

Insiders tell me the T2-T4 bus will be extremely frequent and will likely, soon after the closure of T3, use a travel path that will avoid many of the aircraft conflicts that the current bus route contend with today.

There also will be a purpose built lower level bus facility at T4 to support the inter-terminal busing.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:54 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
JFK T2-T4 airside connecter is not happening. DL is securing fancy new busses to hold over until the lease ends on T2 and/or further expansion is made to T4. Not worth it to spend big $$ on a connector.

Insiders tell me the T2-T4 bus will be extremely frequent and will likely, soon after the closure of T3, use a travel path that will avoid many of the aircraft conflicts that the current bus route contend with today.

There also will be a purpose built lower level bus facility at T4 to support the inter-terminal busing.
In addition to increased frequency, Delta should consider adding some New Flyer Xcelsior 60-foot articulated buses. Articulated buses would allow for greater capacity to relieve overcrowding.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 6:49 am

I assume that they will be installing up and down escalators in each (T2 and T4) airside connectors?

Also, do you know when the lease expires on T2, and what possible scenarios of which they might be thinking?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
I call BS - buses are going to be a massive disaster. What they need to focus on is creating some kind of consistency as to which flights are T2 and which at T4.

This is particularly important for those of us who drive. To the extent possible a flight to/from the same city should go in/out same terminal. Make it easier for us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.