A Delta Aircraft Experience Update

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:55 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by rylan
Thanks for the updates

Also, can you share what markets the high-density 76Z config will be used in? I'm assuming some intra-asia and beach market like NRT-GUM/ROR/MNL/BKK?
Beach markets are likely as there are a higher percentage of leisure travelers. I can't be more specific than that as we haven't loaded the routes yet.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Thank you for the update. Things sound promising.

Regarding wireless entertainment on demand, will there be a selection of movies/shows on the plane that will be streamed via the router? I don't think the gogo bandwith will support massive video streaming from ground-based sources, unless there is a major upgrade in the works.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Thank you for the update. Things sound promising.

Regarding Wireless entertainment on demand, will there be a selection of movies/shows on the plane that will be streamed via the router? I don't think the gogo bandwith will support massive video streaming from ground-based sources, unless there is a major upgrade in the works.
The wireless entertainment on demand product is completely separate from the air-to-ground system. Content streams from an onboard server directly to passengers' laptops or tablets.

It has no impact on Wi-Fi bandwidth.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
When will CRJ 100/200s be out of the picture or at least not flying to airports that traditionally support mainline aircraft or on routes that are 90 plus minutes? If they are going to be around for a while, can Delta ask its partners to install concrete benches with rusty nails sticking out on those planes? You know, something more comfortable than what they have now?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: DL Skymiles FO, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
The MD90s are no longer in scope for AVOD. Installations of wireless entertainment on demand begin in 2013.
Well, that officially closes the door on that question. Too bad though since the MD-90 does a fair number of mid-con routes.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
When will CRJ 100/200s be out of the picture or at least not flying to airports that traditionally support mainline aircraft or on routes that are 90 plus minutes? If they are going to be around for a while, can Delta ask its partners to install concrete benches with rusty nails sticking out on those planes? You know, something more comfortable than what they have now?
There will be a significant reduction in the amount of CRJ100/200 flying over the next 24 months. I'll take your request for harder seat cushions and rusty nails to the product committee.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Thanks for the updates. I have a few questions: Will winged headrests be added to the Weber 5751 seats on existing domestic aircraft? Also, who is the manufacturer of the new First Class seats, and what model will they be? Finally, what will be the models of seats that will be installed on the 717 fleet?

Last edited by Delta 764; Oct 15, 2012 at 10:32 am
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by Chris_DeltaCustExp
There will be a significant reduction in the amount of CRJ100/200 flying over the next 24 months. I'll take your request for harder seat cushions and rusty nails to the product committee.
Thanks... I think most of us can hack them for 45 min flights from smaller cities, but they have been on way too many 90 plus minute flights to bigger airports. I have a book on 20th Century French Military victories that is thicker than the padding on those seats...
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: DL GM
Thank you for the update Chris! There are way too many naysayers and haters on here. I suggest more interaction from folks like you to nip any nonsense that comes up on here in the bud!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
We're going from 5 galleys to 3 more efficient galleys and from 2 closets to 1 closet all while maintaining the same service standards. That freed up space.

The original configuration delivered to Northwest had 120 seats aft of the overwing exits pitched at 30". After the mod there will be 36 seats pitched at 30" with the remaining YC seats at 31".
Thanks for the further explanation. One can see how the elimination of galley/closet space would permit the same pitch and more rows.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
The MD90s are no longer in scope for AVOD. Installations of wireless entertainment on demand begin in 2013.
I guess the standardization of 757-200 interiors is off of the table as well?

Thank you,
David
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:47 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Maybe you can produce a nice looking table for the whole fleet showing seats per cabin, configuration, pitch, AVOD, outlets, wifi, etc.?

Feel free to steal template from another airline. They are out there.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Delta 764
Thanks for the updates. I have a few questions: Will winged headrests be added to the Weber 5751 seats on existing domestic aircraft? Also, who is the manufacturer of the new First Class seats, and what model will they be? Finally, what will be the models of seats that will be installed on the 717 fleet?
No plans to retrofit domestic YC seats with headrests at this time.

The 717 fleet will get the Zodiac Aerospace (formerly Weber) 5751. This is primarily due to the timeline for the 717 mod program and the fact that the 5751 was available in the correct width for the 717 fuselage (since we'd already installed them on the MD90 fleet).
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Thanks, Chris! Your information is helpful, and we appeciate your interaction with us.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
No plans to retrofit domestic YC seats with headrests at this time.

The 717 fleet will get the Zodiac Aerospace (formerly Weber) 5751. This is primarily due to the timeline for the 717 mod program and the fact that the 5751 was available in the correct width for the 717 fuselage (since we'd already installed them on the MD90 fleet).
Thanks. So, what seat model/manufacturer will the new domestic First Class seats be?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.