Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KE award now bookable on DL.com

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by llamagatekeeper
With how buggy it is for the routes I want...it's easier to just call. I'll wait until they work the kinks out over the next few weeks. I think mtkeller mentioned that he saw the same thing happen with VA when they were first added. Missing routes etc, but those were fixed within a few weeks.
Yes, I expect that next week we'll see some improvements, and a few more the week after. For instance, the KE.X and KE.O stuff should be replaced by Economy and Business in the next update, and hopefully the inventory will be found more reliably.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!
Given the way it used to be I will be HAPPY to call and book. As long as I can search for the space online I will NOT complain.

Now the accuracy leaves a lot to be desired of course. I too am hopeful this will iron out over the coming weeks!

Foo
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by blug
Tip: If “search by schedule” shows a KE flight but neither Y nor J is available, it usually means either Y or J, or both, is available, and is bookable if you search by PRICE.

If indeed neither Y nor J is available, then this flight won't show up using "search by schedule".
Confirmed!

I did a search from JFK-ICN by schedule for 11/6/2012. Both KE flights showed up on the list with both classes showing "not available".

Did a search by price for Business and neither show up.

Did another search by price for coach and they both show up.

Nice!

Last edited by foofiter; Oct 18, 2012 at 2:15 pm
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Sorry to resurrect this thread but I no longer see any evidence that Delta.com is showing any KE award availability on their website.

I use to be able to at least see a lot of flights show up on KE for redemption 1 year ago. Has something changed?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:26 pm

I think KE is switching reservation platforms and is causing the issue for the moment.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by mrkymark
Sorry to resurrect this thread but I no longer see any evidence that Delta.com is showing any KE award availability on their website.

I use to be able to at least see a lot of flights show up on KE for redemption 1 year ago. Has something changed?
Yes, Dullta has yet again "enhanced" away the online flight searching/booking capability for KE. Now, thanks to this "enhancement" for your convenience you can call the "best-in-class" clueless res agents and spend hours doing what otherwise would only take minutes to do online, to search and book flights by phone.

This is already discussed in two other threads here. No need to put the same discussion in a third thread. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...thread-35.html
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
I see A (first class) award space on KVS and ExpertFlyer. However, Delta.com not showing. Is there a way to get it to show or do I have to call? I assume I need to call. Also, any idea how many miles A redemption is? Thanks!
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by mh3265a
I see A (first class) award space on KVS and ExpertFlyer. However, Delta.com not showing. Is there a way to get it to show or do I have to call? I assume I need to call. Also, any idea how many miles A redemption is? Thanks!
Delta cannot book First Class awards on any airline. Only Biz and Economy.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by foofiter
Appreciate the quick feedback. Is there any work around like transferring my Delta points to SkyPass or something like that? That really sucks but then again Delta leads US airlines in the path towards poor service.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:33 am

No weekend showing anymore even if KE award is available.(Fri, Sat, Sun)
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:43 am

Appreciate the quick feedback. Is there any work around like transferring my Delta points to SkyPass or something like that? That really sucks but then again Delta leads US airlines in the path towards poor service.
Nope. General rule: You cannot move miles from one airline program to another.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Kwang su
KE is known to block seats for Delta. Same with AF and KLM.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Kwang su
This is not new. Been like that for the last year to two. Not always. At times Fri/Sat/Sun will be available, at other times not. Depends when you check. Comes and goes. Also depends on the route.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:18 pm

KE is known to block seats for Delta. Same with AF and KLM.
Nothing to do with DL. KE makes 1 O and 2 X seats available to other airlines on Mon-Thu on some routes (other routes, like HNL-ICN, are completely blocked and never, ever available for booking outside of KE SkyPass miles). Fri-Sun are often, but not always, completely N/A, at least on many routes.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Is it still the case that DL cannot book KE F awards even when A inventory is open?

Does KE offer O to A buy-ups at the airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.