TVs no longer free in EC?

Old Oct 9, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by Orion316
Final question: when did this change? When I flew two weeks ago, I am 100% sure that HBO was free in EC on domestic flights.
You are mistaken - HBO programming has never been free domestic
Old Oct 9, 2012, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
I got free HBO on a CVG-JFK 757 run, albeit on an int'l config'd 757 w/winglets.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PE
In EC, JFK-LAX I used to have free everything, now it's only the TV content. Movies are not free. In fact, I think only 2 channels of TV are free. Definitely a downgrade. My upgrade percentage on these flights is awful and now this "perk" disappears. It would be great if the "have one on us" coupon could be used for unlimited free video. Doesn't cost DL what a snack costs, and would make many people happy.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL Silver (aka, Delta AmEx PLUS), Starbucks Gold :)
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Whether or not the policy has changed now, I'm not sure. But, I snagged an EC seat a few months back going LAX-JFK and everything was free, including parts of an HBO vampire series and the 2 movies that I watched. So "never" is not exactly correct.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by DL Platinum
International EC gives you 1) the above 2) Free booze. Movies are free for all international.
Wine and beer only I thought. Otherwise my upcoming flight to IST will be a bit more fun.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
They used to be free in EC but are no longer. I tweeted DA about this a while back and was disappointed as well. :-(

More info in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html
Old Oct 9, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
Wine and beer only I thought. Otherwise my upcoming flight to IST will be a bit more fun.
Wine and beer are complimentary throughout economy on long-haul international flights. With Economy Comfort comes the added perk of complimentary spirits.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 3:32 pm

Thanks - added bonus for my 1st long haul in EC. Hope they won't have to wheel me off the plane.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 4:47 pm
formerly memoses

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Something or another, HH Blue :), National EE, Sixt Plat
I'm surprised with how competitive the JFK-LAX/SFO route is and the premium service offered by competitors that Delta would remove a major reason for upgrading to EC. With UA's E+ minimum on a 3-class plane, AA with 3-class, B6 and VX with free Sat TV (and an excellent AVOD on VX), it seems Delta forgot that less than top-tier transcon flyers are often more selective and less brand loyal when choosing a flight... Since I know I'm no longer getting BE upgrades as a gold, I personally choose the airline with the more comfortable back-of-the-bus seat.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 5:29 pm

I just did four recent transcons with no comp sat TV. Only pay channels were operational in EC and regular Y. You can enjoy a tranquil blue color on the "Service Unavailable" screen for five hours.

Query the on-board leader if he/she will write up a ticket to fix it and you'll get, "We must be in an area of turbulence, it should come back shortly" or, "We can try to re-boot" or, "We're just between ground towers."

To remove a DL 752 from service requires a lot more than AVOD not getting free TV.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by LegalTender
"We're just between ground towers."
That excuse works for when the Gogo fails, but obviously there's a lot of flight crews out there with cable and not Dish

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.