Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Firetrucks out at Delta MD88 sitting on ATL gate B1 this morning

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2012, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Saw it this morning, around 7:30 am.
Firetrucks out at Delta MD88 sitting on ATL gate B1 this morning.
What was this?

Edit: Looks like there was an ambulance as well from this other photo: http://i.imgur.com/VvKyW.jpg

Old Oct 8, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Pretty standard fair for an international airport.......probably a medical situation.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 9:12 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
I saw the same thing last Monday at an F gate while in the F Skyclub with both fire truck and ambulance.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Pretty standard fair for an international airport.......probably a medical situation.
Yep, MrWeezer said they may call them on average 10 times/day at ATL. Paramedics may arrive via fire truck, i.e. fire truck doesn't necessarily mean fire.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
Yep, MrWeezer said they may call them on average 10 times/day at ATL. Paramedics may arrive via fire truck, i.e. fire truck doesn't necessarily mean fire.

fire trucks are always first reponders to medical emergencies as they're usually closer to the incident the an ambulance which likely has to travel from the nearest hospital unless they're already out and about..
Old Oct 8, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by mridley2
fire trucks are always first reponders to medical emergencies as they're usually closer to the incident the an ambulance which likely has to travel from the nearest hospital unless they're already out and about..
At ATL, specifically, there are several stations around the field & ambulances are on site at all times. For a non-emergency transport situation an ambulance may be called in from a local hospital to keep on-site resources available for another emergency.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: DL PM, AA PM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
nitpick: That's B36, not B1. The "1" gate at each concourse is in the southeast corner, and this is the northwest corner of B.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by stealthmidget
nitpick: That's B36, not B1. The "1" gate at each concourse is in the southeast corner, and this is the northwest corner of B.
The other way you can tell is the gate to the right is clearly indicated as B34

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.