Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Firetrucks out at Delta MD88 sitting on ATL gate B1 this morning

Firetrucks out at Delta MD88 sitting on ATL gate B1 this morning

Old Oct 8, 12, 6:59 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SFO
Posts: 106
Firetrucks out at Delta MD88 sitting on ATL gate B1 this morning

Saw it this morning, around 7:30 am.
Firetrucks out at Delta MD88 sitting on ATL gate B1 this morning.
What was this?

Edit: Looks like there was an ambulance as well from this other photo: http://i.imgur.com/VvKyW.jpg

hg‎ is offline  
Old Oct 8, 12, 7:41 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ/New York, NY/ATL
Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.1MM, EK Gold, SQ Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Posts: 4,665
Pretty standard fair for an international airport.......probably a medical situation.
DLATL777 is offline  
Old Oct 8, 12, 9:12 am
  #3  
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MN
Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Posts: 11,928
I saw the same thing last Monday at an F gate while in the F Skyclub with both fire truck and ambulance.
fti is offline  
Old Oct 8, 12, 9:25 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ATL
Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Posts: 2,529
Originally Posted by DLATL777 View Post
Pretty standard fair for an international airport.......probably a medical situation.
Yep, MrWeezer said they may call them on average 10 times/day at ATL. Paramedics may arrive via fire truck, i.e. fire truck doesn't necessarily mean fire.
PRWeezer is offline  
Old Oct 8, 12, 9:33 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Programs: DL PM as of 12/8/2016
Posts: 1,891
Originally Posted by PRWeezer View Post
Yep, MrWeezer said they may call them on average 10 times/day at ATL. Paramedics may arrive via fire truck, i.e. fire truck doesn't necessarily mean fire.

fire trucks are always first reponders to medical emergencies as they're usually closer to the incident the an ambulance which likely has to travel from the nearest hospital unless they're already out and about..
mridley2 is online now  
Old Oct 8, 12, 9:49 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ATL
Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Posts: 2,529
Originally Posted by mridley2 View Post
fire trucks are always first reponders to medical emergencies as they're usually closer to the incident the an ambulance which likely has to travel from the nearest hospital unless they're already out and about..
At ATL, specifically, there are several stations around the field & ambulances are on site at all times. For a non-emergency transport situation an ambulance may be called in from a local hospital to keep on-site resources available for another emergency.
PRWeezer is offline  
Old Oct 8, 12, 11:02 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Addison, TX
Programs: DL PM, AA PM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 213
nitpick: That's B36, not B1. The "1" gate at each concourse is in the southeast corner, and this is the northwest corner of B.
stealthmidget is offline  
Old Oct 8, 12, 11:41 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: JFK/LGA
Posts: 1,377
Originally Posted by stealthmidget View Post
nitpick: That's B36, not B1. The "1" gate at each concourse is in the southeast corner, and this is the northwest corner of B.
The other way you can tell is the gate to the right is clearly indicated as B34
nystateofmind is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: