Wiki Posts
Search

multi-city search issues

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
multi-city search issues

I keep getting an error when doing a multi-city search on delta.com.

After doing a multi-city search and selecting the flights I want, I keep getting the error "We're sorry. The fare for the flights you selected just sold out. Please search again to view and select alternate flights." The fare I selected was economy cabin.

Is anyone else having this problem? (tech support was clueless, and in fact, hung up on me when I said I didn't want to book the flights, just wanted a price).

What can I do about it besides searching each segment separately and then adding the costs together (which isn't accurate anyway)?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you doing a search by price or schedule? If searching by price, did you try searching by schedule instead?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bludevil
I keep getting an error when doing a multi-city search on delta.com.

After doing a multi-city search and selecting the flights I want, I keep getting the error "We're sorry. The fare for the flights you selected just sold out. Please search again to view and select alternate flights." The fare I selected was economy cabin.

Is anyone else having this problem? (tech support was clueless, and in fact, hung up on me when I said I didn't want to book the flights, just wanted a price).

What can I do about it besides searching each segment separately and then adding the costs together (which isn't accurate anyway)?
I know this isn't much of a help, but multi-city ticketing (for both revenue and especially award tickets) has been horribly broken on Delta.com for a long time. Try searching Kayak.com advanced search multi-tickets....then clicking thru to Delta once you find what you are looking for...I have had better luck doing that then using Delta.com.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
I know this isn't much of a help, but multi-city ticketing (for both revenue and especially award tickets) has been horribly broken on Delta.com for a long time. Try searching Kayak.com advanced search multi-tickets....then clicking thru to Delta once you find what you are looking for...I have had better luck doing that then using Delta.com.
Thanks. The tech guy said he knew of nothing wrong with it. HA!!!
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you're not subject to the phone ticketing fee, call DL. If you are, cLl DL and ask for a fee waiver since you can't book the trip on line. If you're not ready to purchase, AFAIK DL doesn't charge for just giving information over the phone, so call.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bludevil
Thanks. The tech guy said he knew of nothing wrong with it. HA!!!
Kayak is great because it lets you search multi-tickets for both price and schedule at the same time and often showing you the lowest cost option...something Delta.com is not able to do.

And a big to the Delta tech guys who are saying they know nothing wrong with it. All they have to do is spend a couple hours doing complicated mock searches and they will get all kinds of errors and screwy returns with crazy layovers. How can they not know that?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Also try matrix.itasoftware (dot) com. As stated above, you can try to get a fee waiver if you can't book it online.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
I had to do this 2 days ago for a multi city ticket. It wasn't bringing up all of the options on delta.com that I could find on kayak. I eventually found everything I wanted on kayak and then when it sent me over to delta I booked it. It ended up being cheaper then if I booked everything with one way tickets which doesn't make sense to me but I think kayak was finding LUT fares while delta was trying to make me buy and M fare.
The only bad part is that afterward using the kayak method I had to tweet @deltaassist to change my status from "upgrade eligible" to "upgrade requested". Not a big deal but you have to remember to do it.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR
Also try matrix.itasoftware (dot) com. As stated above, you can try to get a fee waiver if you can't book it online.
+1

I have always been successful using multi-city search by schedule on delta.com to book what I find on ITA.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Someone posted on this same topic three days ago. OP, did you do a search?
Old Oct 7, 2012, 5:31 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Someone posted on this same topic three days ago. OP, did you do a search?
That was me. It works for me when logged out but not when logged in. YMM(W)V

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.