Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL/AS to Make Announcement at SEA Monday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*

Alaska and Delta to make an announcement Monday in Seattle. Richard Anderson is even coming in for this. Wonder what it is...

http://blog.seattlepi.com/airlinerep...e-you-tell-me/
Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:44 am

More code share flights? Or maybe joint service to a new destination? Will be interesting!

Last edited by Burj; Oct 5, 2012 at 2:50 am
Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wonder if the announcement might be bigger. Would a merger be possible? Maybe AS joining SkyTeam, although that seems to go against their strategy.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 2:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I hope its not a merger (nothing against DL but I'm used to a smaller carrier)
Old Oct 5, 2012, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I wonder if the announcement might be bigger. Would a merger be possible? Maybe AS joining SkyTeam, although that seems to go against their strategy.
Honestly I don't know HOW a DL/AS merger would have been agreed upon WITHOUT the news leaking out long before now....

But it does have to be something big...AS joining SkyTeam would be a huge deal....
Old Oct 5, 2012, 2:53 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Perhaps the SEA-HND route has been approved already?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
"new service, product enhancements in Seattle"

You all know how to translate that from DL-spin to English right?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
"new service, product enhancements in Seattle"

You all know how to translate that from DL-spin to English right?
"To improve your customer experience, and reduce lost baggage, we now give you the option of paying $10 to bring your checked luggage to the plane, and place it in the cargo hold yourself."
Old Oct 5, 2012, 3:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR
"To improve your customer experience, and reduce lost baggage, we now give you the option of paying $10 to bring your checked luggage to the plane, and place it in the cargo hold yourself."
Well AS has a self-tagging option already

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...c-airport.html

But I think "new service" might be flights...but from SEA?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Bringing the left-over bagels and soup from the Alaska club to the SkyClub the next day? (Does AS still serve good bagels and soup in their clubs?)
Old Oct 5, 2012, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by mot29
Bringing the left-over bagels and soup from the Alaska club to the SkyClub the next day? (Does AS still serve good bagels and soup in their clubs?)
The soup is still tasty, and the salads are good, though there's not much variety.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:10 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by Burj
Honestly I don't know HOW a DL/AS merger would have been agreed upon WITHOUT the news leaking out long before now....

But it does have to be something big...AS joining SkyTeam would be a huge deal....
Pardon my ignorance, Burji, but how would that be huge news? The last huge(-like) news regarding alliance expansion was the agreement with VA. IMHO, AS is just another "regional" that enables us to go to places we usually don't go. Shared destinations will be "optimised" so that we compete for half the space at a higher price with less perks.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Burj
More code share flights? Or maybe joint service to a new destination? Will be interesting!
My guess will have a new route announcement. I think DL will start nonstop SEA-PVG or adds more new domestic routes. Just a speculatiing about this one.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by N830MH
My guess will have a new route announcement. I think DL will start nonstop SEA-PVG or adds more new domestic routes. Just a speculatiing about this one.
Why would AS be in on such an announcement? Wouldn't that be a DL operated route?

I am thinking it would be something more like AS joining SkyTeam.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Just wondering, what exactly is in it for AS to join SkyTeam (or any other alliance)? They have bilateral relationships with so many different airlines. Wouldn't they lose some of those if they join an alliance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.