Wiki Posts
Search

Acceptable cpm?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM
Acceptable cpm?

Typically use my award travel for J on TATL's. Was considering using an award ticket for a domestic trip next week. I know it's been beaten to death but what is an acceptable cpm for redeeming an award? Just wanted some input on what I should be looking for. Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: DL MM Gold
What value do you assign the miles you use for the J seats? Assuming you won't pay full J price, what WOULD you pay if it was an auction?

The answer depends a LOT on what else you would use the miles for, if you have a bottomless pit of miles or a limited pool, and what value you give to rumors of SM changes and your future flying habits. Also what the domestic trip was going to cost and if I needed the MQMs for anything that I would be giving up.

There is no one-size fits all answer. You have to do the math to match your situation.

Personally, domestic personal trips are almost never last-minute, and I'm paying 5-7 cpm (per MQM) which is into MR territory. If you get bonus miles and need them for your next J ticket, that's another personal variable.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 7:52 am

Something to keep,in mind is that you get RDMs and MQMs when you pay for a ticket (or use other point currency e.g Membership reward and ultimate rewards). The RDMs you get depend on your DL status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.