Search

Empty Flight out of Nashville

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (0 status)

Via imgur.

Looks like an ERJ. Chautauqua flies to Nashville as a Delta Connection carrier and they fly ERJ 145s.

(I have edited the image to blank out an expletive.)

(Also, I'm a wee bit skeptical about whether this actually happened. Seems incredibly unlikely even for a Regional.)
Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Preisdents Club, Marriott Platinum
Hilarious. I can only imagine how they felt when they saw the only customer board. It'd be hilarious if they acted like (s)he was some game show prize winner.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by subbes

(Also, I'm a wee bit skeptical about whether this actually happened. Seems incredibly unlikely even for a Regional.)
Me too. But it certainly is possible and has happened. I would think the FA and pilot would be hesitant to act like that, in case the pax posts about it on the internet, which apparently is exactly what happened.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Happened to me once. RIC-ORD, and on the day before Thanksgiving too.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:23 pm

Location: SLC/AMS -- DL Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by javabytes
Happened to me once. RIC-ORD, and on the day before Thanksgiving too.
Had the same thing a few years ago the day after Thanksgiving going from CVG - YYZ. Sad thing was that even though I was the only one on the flight, and had a two hour connection, my bag didn't make it until the next day.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
I've never seen an ERJ in Nashville but that doesn't mean they don't exist I guess. The worst part would be that you finally don't have to worry about FCM taking away your upgrade and there is no FC!
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:36 pm

For anyone that still needed it, proof that airlines don't cancel a flight "because the loads are too low"
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by qvzn
For anyone that still needed it, proof that airlines don't cancel a flight "because the loads are too low"
Sure they can. But they may need the equipment and choose not to cancel because of that.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM
Used to live in Nashville and this happened to me in 1998. Was only passenger on a Mad Dog BNA-SDF. Last flight of the night.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 7:18 pm

Programs: AS G75K; Hilton Diamond
Just happened to me this morning. DL 3314 CRJ-200 BUF-DTW. Was delayed 3 hours everyone rebooked but me. Had to sit in row 12 for weight and balance.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Brian716
Just happened to me this morning. DL 3314 CRJ-200 BUF-DTW. Was delayed 3 hours everyone rebooked but me. Had to sit in row 12 for weight and balance.
Happened to me and my son on a recent SXM to SBH. Did the reverse approach because we were too light to make the hilltop landing. Now that was interesting.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:56 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by qvzn
Speaking of loads, now I know what is offsetting all of my 100% full flights (with another 20 people that don't clear the standby list) to average out at the 88% load factor Delta is seeing these days.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA PS, MR Plt, A-Club Plt, HH G, Avis First
Happened to me last year in a LGA-STL flight. 3 of us on a mainline. 4 crew members so we were out numbered.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA G; DL G

This can't be real for Nashville. There are no Delta 145s that fly there. United, AA, yes, but not DL.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I've worked two flights that had only one passenger. One was BDL-JFK and the other was BOS-PHL.

You also have to consider that an airline won't cancel a flight for light loads because they need that equipment elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.