Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Earn 100-250 Delta MQM's for many HILTON stays is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 100-250 Delta MQM's for many HILTON stays is back

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by mr_burdell
did it mention mqms on the receipt? I just checked out this morning and it doesn't say anything about mqms.
No, but the fixed rate is 500 miles per stay which is then doubled in the promotion. The point being, the "participation list" had 0 OK Hiltons participating but it is now clear that at least the list is incorrect, but more probably that all hotels are participating as previously reported. I realize the MQM allocation is a separate thing everyone wants to know about, but the terms say that the MQMs will be posting after the promotion ends so I'm not expecting to see them any time soon.

BTW, GT grad myself. ^
Old Oct 4, 2012, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Has anyone received a positive confirmation all hotels are participating?????

When I called the diamond desk earlier this week I was told that the promo wasn't a one time deal, and I would get it on all two night stays at qualifying properites during the period as long as my double dip was set to Delta. But I was also told that I would have to stay at the properties on the list.

But I am now seeing reports here and ont he HH forum that it is good at all properties. I am going to give Hilton a stay in Chicago in 2 weeks and one in NYC in November and can stay at properties on the list, but there are other properties I would rather stay at in those cities that aren't on the list. I just don't want to stay at a property not on the list and be declined the MQMs.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Has anyone received a positive confirmation all hotels are participating?????

When I called the diamond desk earlier this week I was told that the promo wasn't a one time deal, and I would get it on all two night stays at qualifying properites during the period as long as my double dip was set to Delta. But I was also told that I would have to stay at the properties on the list.

But I am now seeing reports here and ont he HH forum that it is good at all properties. I am going to give Hilton a stay in Chicago in 2 weeks and one in NYC in November and can stay at properties on the list, but there are other properties I would rather stay at in those cities that aren't on the list. I just don't want to stay at a property not on the list and be declined the MQMs.
This is at least the 3rd consecutive year this promo has run and there has NEVER been ANY excluded properties. I think you are safe on this one.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: Delta Million Miler and Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Excluded properties

The list of "participating hotels" seems to be on and off the T&C... I am not sure that ALL Hilton properties are participating. I have been burned in the past by the small print clauses...

Does anyone have definitive proof that all properties are OK?
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by calin_z
The list of "participating hotels" seems to be on and off the T&C... I am not sure that ALL Hilton properties are participating. I have been burned in the past by the small print clauses...

Does anyone have definitive proof that all properties are OK?
And I also don't want to get burned. Especially seeing the diamond desk told me that it was only at participating properties. Weird thing is on this list the NY Hilton is listed and a lot of times they opt out on the hilton quarterly promos).
Old Oct 5, 2012, 6:28 am

As I've stated before, I just checked out of a Hilton in Oklahoma. There are NO "participating hotels" (according to wherever that list came from) in Oklahoma. That was the point of my previous post, that I received 1000 Skymiles on a Points+Fixed Miles stay. The offer claims double miles + 250 MQM. I received the double miles and as the offer says the MQM will post in a few weeks.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:25 am

Just finished a stay with this..

BASE BONUS MILES

Base Points 3112 0 0

SILVER VIP BONUS - 15% 2012
0 466 0

2012 Q4 DELTA MQM OFFER
0 0 500

DL DOUBLE DIP
0 0 500

was a 2 night stay in an ES got lucky and registered for this on the first night in the hotel and it applied.. apparently yes you are getting the 250 for signing up as well as the 250 for first stay.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by engineerfalde
was a 2 night stay in an ES got lucky and registered for this on the first night in the hotel and it applied.. apparently yes you are getting the 250 for signing up as well as the 250 for first stay.
I don't see that at all. You're getting double SP, no MQMs are shown. (I'd love to get 250+250/stay, I'd upgrade one flight earlier.)
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:52 am

MQMs Posting

MQMs are now posting. Stayed at a property in Oklahoma and I now have 2 stays worth of MQMs posted, 250 for each stay and no MQM bonus for "signing up" as some had speculated.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: delta, Marriott
Stayed at a Hampton Inn in PA 2w ago. The standard miles posted within a couple of days.

The bonus miles and 250 mqm just posted to my dl account in the last day or two.

So it took about two weeks from checkout.

I didn't get anything just for registering either.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Checked out on Tuesday...double miles and 250 MQM posted Friday at the same time. Showed up on my Delta account on Saturday.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 2:45 pm

Right now, my earnings style is set to Points and Points. I wonder if you actually do have to have it set to Points and Miles in order to get the MQMs. I would of course assume, per the Terms and Conditions, that I would NOT get the bonus miles, but the Terms and Condititions do not specifically address the rules for earning MQMs.

To me, the MQMs are the much more valuable part of the offer. With the flying left on my calendar in 2012, I am going to requalify for FO regardless, but since MQMs rollover, it would be nice have a head start for 2013. I may be traveling a lot next year and so with the rollover, I might make it to Gold.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone stayed at a property that wasn't on the (small) list of participating properties and had the 250 MQMs post?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 5:30 pm
ck8

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM/United Mileage Plus/Hilton Honors
Just signed up for a new HH account as I am staying for 4 days at a DoubleTree in London. I registered for the promo and made sure that my DL FF# was listed on my profile. Did not see a place to change from points/miles. Also, for double miles, since my bill is in GBP do they do the equivalent USD for the double miles? Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Has anyone stayed at a property that wasn't on the (small) list of participating properties and had the 250 MQMs post?
Yes. My property was in Oklahoma. I believe the list had no properties listed in Oklahoma.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.