Wiki Posts
Search

MR and Cancelation questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2012, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
MR and Cancelation questions

I am flying on a TPAC trip SE Asia>US>SE Asia, departing 7 Oct returning 11 Oct. I planned to squeeze in a MR while in the US, PIT>ATL>LAS>DTW>PIT on Oct 10. This is a T fare and I am PM. what happens if I cancel the flight? Can I change it to another date? Reason I am asking is I will need to check on piece of luggage, and I have made 3 TPAC flights in the last month and a half and I am just plain worn out.

The MR return goe LAS>DTW>PIT, then my TPAC flight departs 2 hours after arrival of my MR in PIT, so I would have to collect the luggage and recheck it correct?

Also, my MR return connects through DTW, then final destination is PIT. My TPAC flight is PIT>DTW>NRT>MNL,is it possible not to fly the final leg of the MR DTW>PIT and stay in DTW and start my TPAC from there?

Thanks for any suggetions
Old Oct 1, 2012, 2:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Normally you must fly every segment or the remainder of the ticket will be cancelled.

You should be able to check a bag through on two separate DL tickets, assuming that the connecting time between them is legal.

If you are involuntarily rebooked due to IROPs you can request original routing credit.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 2:04 am
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy S: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.34 Safari/534.24)

Originally Posted by craig44485
I am flying on a TPAC trip SE Asia>US>SE Asia, departing 7 Oct returning 11 Oct. I planned to squeeze in a MR while in the US, PIT>ATL>LAS>DTW>PIT on Oct 10. This is a T fare and I am PM. what happens if I cancel the flight? Can I change it to another date? Reason I am asking is I will need to check on piece of luggage, and I have made 3 TPAC flights in the last month and a half and I am just plain worn out.

The MR return goe LAS>DTW>PIT, then my TPAC flight departs 2 hours after arrival of my MR in PIT, so I would have to collect the luggage and recheck it correct?

Also, my MR return connects through DTW, then final destination is PIT. My TPAC flight is PIT>DTW>NRT>MNL,is it possible not to fly the final leg of the MR DTW>PIT and stay in DTW and start my TPAC from there?

Thanks for any suggetions
When you check-in for your return part of the mileage run, you might be able to check your bags through to your drstination in SE Asia, without having to claim your bags in PIT and checking them again. I said "might" because if you have more than 4 legs, Delta's system balks.
As for skiping your DTW-PIT leg of your mileage run and the PIT-DTW leg if your outbound TPAC, it can't be done without cancelling the rest of your TPAC itinerary as you would be "no show" for the first leg of your outbound TPAC.
What you can do is SDC- same day confirmed change for your return MR.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:15 am

If you show both itineraries the representative MIGHT be able to check your luggage to your destination so you would not need to reclaim in PIT. You cannot skip the last leg of the MR because if you no show on PIT-DTW it will cancel the rest of your itinerary. If you can I would suggest, as others have, SDC on your MR to potentially allow more time in PIT if there are issues at LAS with your checked luggage
Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
If you show both itineraries the representative MIGHT be able to check your luggage to your destination so you would not need to reclaim in PIT. You cannot skip the last leg of the MR because if you no show on PIT-DTW it will cancel the rest of your itinerary. If you can I would suggest, as others have, SDC on your MR to potentially allow more time in PIT if there are issues at LAS with your checked luggage
Note that you usually cannot SDC once your luggage has been checked.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Note that you usually cannot SDC once your luggage has been checked.
Technically it's against the rules unless it's IROPS or VDB. Usually I've been able to find an agent that will let me SDC with checked bags but usually requires a bit of roulette until I find someone willing to do it for me. but with that complicated routing I would be very leary of checking a bag. Lots of tight connections and opportunities for your bags to get lost/delayed.

IF you can carry your bags on with you I would recommend that. If you MUST check a bag I would make sure there is nothing very important in your checked bag because it could easily arrive in MNL a day or two after you do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.