Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GoGo GoGoing up?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
There has been discussion that Gogo is raising its prices for wifi when bought in flight.

Does anyone know if they have raised the prices on tablets/smartphones, which were always charged a lower price?
Not yet.
But, the best way is to buy a monthly pass.
Two Transcons will already pay back the cost of the pass.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:25 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Priority Club Platinum
I was on an old plan with GoGo and just got notice last week that the pricing is going up to the new pricing instead of the old pricing at the end of this month.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:00 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
I got an email a few days ago saying my $34.95/mo unlimited (circa 2010) was increasing to $39.95/mo.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL EOS...
I'll stick to browsing Amazon, eBay and Delta for free...
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL Plat, LH Freq Traveller
Originally Posted by Ti22
I'll stick to browsing Amazon, eBay and Delta for free...
Amazon and eBay are free too?! TODAY I LEARNED
Old Oct 12, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by tusphotog
I got an email a few days ago saying my $34.95/mo unlimited (circa 2010) was increasing to $39.95/mo.
+1
Old Oct 12, 2012, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
They're going to end up pricing themselves away.
Its already up to 14.95 for a day pass if you buy in flight, with the possibility of some shorter flights being 9.95. I got a good laugh when they were testing pricing of $10/hr on some flights. Yeah, no thanks. Saw $1.95 (I think) for 15 min the other day too.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 5:34 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by tusphotog
I am seriously debating ending my subscription based on these increases. The service has not improved, but the price keeps going up....
Old Oct 12, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: DL EOS...
Originally Posted by Monoliths
Amazon and eBay are free too?! TODAY I LEARNED
Yeah, not quite the same as "uncensored" browsing but it passes the time and I always seem to have shopping items to compare and new stuff to discover.

Silly thing though, if you actually buy something you won't receive confirmation emails using free Gogo.

I really wish Gogo would get their act together with this service and get down from their high horse about pricing. Trouble is, too many data plans for my budget and that's the easiest one to dump.

$3-$4 per long flight I'm probably in, $10-$12 or more, no way! Do the math Gogo, 2 or 3 folks like me and you've got some business. Otherwise, your investment sits there while Amazon, eBay, Delta profit.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sure they get a cut if you buy anything through Amazon or Ebay while using their service.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by rylan
I'm sure they get a cut if you buy anything through Amazon or Ebay while using their service.
So just browse on GOGO, buy at home
Old Oct 12, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Actually I imagine AMZN and Ebay both pay gogo to provide their sites for free (regardless of purchase). Just like FB and GOOG, et al have done in the past.

If you surf but don't buy, you are actually making it more likely that AMZN, Ebay will pull the plug on paying gogo to allow their sites.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Nope - I've purchased on both with no issue...just bought some stuff on eBay about 2 weeks ago.

Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I meant not a cut you'd ever see, but a percentage in later like a clickthru.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I am seriously debating ending my subscription based on these increases. The service has not improved, but the price keeps going up....
To be fair, this is the first price increase I've had with them (not counting the expiration of the $19.99 trial price).

I will certainly be emailing their CS department more often when connections are slow or when the system doesn't work, which happened on a recent AS flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.