Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GoGo GoGoing up?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2012, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The 12.00-12.95 is about the maximum I can stomach for internet on a plane. 17.95 for 5hrs of use is definitely a no-go.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Originally Posted by rylan
The 12.00-12.95 is about the maximum I can stomach for internet on a plane. 17.95 for 5hrs of use is definitely a no-go.
I agree that $17.95 is too much. However if you complain about the multiple drops and slow speed on the outbound, you always get the inbound for free.. so its really only $8.975 per 5 hour flight
Old Sep 24, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by rylan
So how long until the pass shows up somewhere after purchasing it through the DL trip extras? I got basically no confirmation... clicked on the receipt link but only got a copy of my already purchased ticket and nothing about the gogo pass.

EDIT: Never mind, it showed up in my gogo account also. Took it about 30 min though so was getting worried. haha
Took less than 5 min for confirming emails form DL and GoGo
Old Sep 24, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black
Flew on Oman Air 2 years ago from London to Muscat. Had Internet and cell phone service the whole route, and the Internet was free for Business!! US airlines are so far behind the times!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass
I really hope gogo's satellite offering works better than the Row44 garbage southwest uses. If it connects at all it's a 10-20 seconds per page load if you're just trying to browse the web, it's unusable for anything beyond that like emails with attachments or interactive activities like remote desktop or terminal sessions.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I saw this on ATL-LAX a few days ago. No 24 hour pass or flight pass options. Only $10/hour or a monthly pass. Couldn't use a free 24 hours pass won at the lucky seat game either.

I inquired with a chat rep if I understood correctly that:
1. I was unable to use a free 24 hour pass won at the lucky seat game and
2. that the price to have internet for the flight was three times what it used to be.

The rep essentially said go suck an egg. This is the new pricing model. Gogo on Twitter ignored me when I asked if this is what they mean by "fly classy."

Last edited by javabytes; Sep 24, 2012 at 5:15 pm
Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
My company just approved the monthly pass. This makes me happy as I was paying out of pocket for the last two years. I wish this would be a DM choice benefit
Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
I wish this would be a DM choice benefit
That's a worthy suggestion. ^
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:44 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1MM, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
My boss just told me to cut out the expense, which is too bad even though I tried to convince him I could get work done - one of our main products is web based with fairly low overhead so if GoGo was a bit slow I could deal with it. Oh well...

Cheers,
Pogopossum
Old Sep 25, 2012, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by pogopossum
My boss just told me to cut out the expense, which is too bad even though I tried to convince him I could get work done - one of our main products is web based with fairly low overhead so if GoGo was a bit slow I could deal with it. Oh well...
I'm kind of surprised that GoGo doesn't have corporate contracts, or at least corporate discounts. Maybe they exist, and it's just that nobody talks about it.

Apparently there will be some sort of option to purchase GoGo during the booking process using concur. Our corporation uses concur for expense reporting, but not for booking.

http://www.businesstravelnews.com/Bu...hnology&a=mgmt

David
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: DL Plat
Amazon.com ?

Is access to Amazon.com still free on Delta flights ? (Amazon is enough to keep me occupied for hours on a flight!)
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It was as of 2 weeks ago.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by hsmythe
Is access to Amazon.com still free on Delta flights ? (Amazon is enough to keep me occupied for hours on a flight!)
It was this past Friday, although I'm a GoGo monthly subscriber. I noticed prior to logging in that Amazon could be accessed.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass
I was able to get to delta.com and amazon on my tablet last week; it was a short flight so didn't break out the computer or buy a gogo session.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:44 pm

GoGo Price Increase and Tablets/Smart Phones

There has been discussion that Gogo is raising its prices for wifi when bought in flight.

Does anyone know if they have raised the prices on tablets/smartphones, which were always charged a lower price?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.