Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

15% off any Delta flight, any time, anywhere

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

15% off any Delta flight, any time, anywhere

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Originally Posted by hamajicky
I tried booking ATL-SNA on October 4-8, and it's giving me this error message (in Italian) after I selected my flights and put in my passenger information:

Siamo spiacenti, si è verificato un errore durante la prenotazione del tuo volo. Una o più tratte non sono diponibili nella classe selezionata.

Google tells me that means:
Sorry, there was an error when booking your flight. One or more legs not They are available in the selected class.

Anyone know what that means?
I tryed this and it took all my info, but would not click through. I received an email that said I had to call to complete the transaction. I did and the rep told me two of the flights I selected did not have availability. He said that often the AZ website will not have the latest availability. He also said he could not change anything for me because this promotion was web only.

So, I priced out the itin on DL and then duplicated it on AZ. Then it went through. Maybe that is your problem.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by tvnwz
I tryed this and it took all my info, but would not click through. I received an email that said I had to call to complete the transaction. I did and the rep told me two of the flights I selected did not have availability. He said that often the AZ website will not have the latest availability. He also said he could not change anything for me because this promotion was web only.

So, I priced out the itin on DL and then duplicated it on AZ. Then it went through. Maybe that is your problem.
Quirky to say the least!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *G
Finally got ZRH-ATL-YYZ and back YYZ-FCO-ZRH to work for December - January
650 all in, which is lower than the next cheapest at around 730 on AA.

Entering my roundtrip as multiple legs was what got it to work for me.
Couldn't get any KLM to work (YYZ-AMS-ZRH was cheaper)

No problems with the payment process on my end.

Logging into Delta with the Alitalia confirmation code was fine, upon login it gave me the Delta PNR.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 4:44 pm

Can't book with a child on the itinerary. Tried 2 adults, works fine except for when they want birthday info (no year after 2000 can be selected). Tried 1 adult and 1 child and get an error message. Appears to work on international but not domestic only.

Anyone else have this problem.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
It can be quirky -- to get the discount you need to specify individual segments for trips with connections -- but in many respects I find the booking process to be more intuitive and better designed than delta.com. You have to come into it knowing exactly what you want to book, after running ITA or something like that, but I do that now with delta.com since you can never be sure it's giving you a complete set of options.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
20 euro change fee?

I noticed this in the T&C's:
REFUND
Passengers will be charged a € 20 for each ticket handling fee in case of a total or partial request of refund of unused part of the tickets.
However, there is also a "Reimbursement: not allowed, Booking change: not allowed" note on the ticket receipt. It will be interesting to see which one of these trumps the other if one has to cancel.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 5:34 pm

15% Failure

Trying atl - jfk - svo; available through ita but no luck; multistop increases price, but also fails. Oh brilliant flyers, any ideas?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by tvnwz

I had a similar problem. After first pricing on DL, went to AZ and duplicated. Was able to enter name info, credit card, etc. Received an email with this response:

Dear Customer,
We are sorry that this transaction failed due to a technical problem.Your reservation has been completed successfully and it will be kept in our system for the next 24 hours.

To have your ticket issued, please call our reservation number on 001 800 223 5730, and give the reservation code XXXXXX as displayed on screen

So I called AZ and the rep said the second flight segment couldn't be confirmed and that my "money" would be back in my account after 24 hours. Despite the fact the email says to call the number to "have your ticket issued", and that your reservation has been "completed successfully" she led me to believe the second, unconfirmed flight segment would never be confirmed, thus no ticket issued, and the pre-authorized amount on my CC would drop off. I went to DL and punched in the AZ reservation number and it gave the DL number, however the itinerary only listed the first (confirmed) leg with no mention of the second connecting leg.

Any advice?

Last edited by BEAV; Sep 23, 2012 at 6:09 pm
Old Sep 23, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL KM (charter)
This just worked for me. I booked entirely U.S. domestic into LAS (via DTW) R/T, did it segment-by-segment (four total), entered the discount code, and then the reservation booked into T fare class when it appeared in, 'My Trips' on DL.dumb.

Nice.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
BEAV that was exactly what happened to me. Except when I got a DL matching itin it went through.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I still cannot book the Shuttle.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
That awkward moment when you wait for others to report that everything works out in terms of mileage and returnability, etc., but then it turns out you waited too long because T fares are now L fares

-J.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
I was able to make six reservations tonight, saving several hundred dollars. Thanks to flyinghigh77 for the tip and to matthew.smith for the catch later in the thread about needing to reserve as a multi-city itinerary on connection reservations.

Two issues for me...

First...the website stopped taking my AMEX after five reservations. Called AMEX and inquired, they saw no issue and no declined authorizations (I thought maybe AMEX was suspicious at all the purchases through an international company). So I just switched cards for the last reservation, as well as my switched reservation (see below), with no issue.

Second...the Mon-Sun calendar (versus Sun-Sat that Americans are used to) threw me and I ended up booking one flight on a Wednesday, rather than the Tuesday I intended. Delta said nothing they could do. Alitalia told me there wasn't availability on Tuesday, but I explained I could see it on my computer. I was told to book it and then call back and upon seeing the new reservation, they would refund the original. I was nervous, but did it (could always dispute via AMEX), called back, and they made the cancellation. Reservation disappeared from my Delta upcoming flights list, so I presume all is well.

Last edited by Phil2016; Sep 23, 2012 at 9:36 pm
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat Prem, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond
my payment error message was also resolved - I used Paypal and it went through with the following error message:

ATTENTION TO THE FOLOWING INFORMATIONS

Sorry, due to a technical problem is not possible to complete the purchase.

Anyway, Your reservation has been confirmed, and will be maintained for the next 24 hours.

Reservation code:

XXXXX

Please, contact your bank institute.

However, my paypal account showed the transaction is successful and my ticket is confirmed on DL.com, funny thing is I booked 4 legs total but on DL.com it's only showing 3 legs, on the alitalia.com site it shows 4 legs, the DL rep said wait until tomorrow morning.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:45 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Found one that worked for me....

Thanks to the OP!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.