Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

15% off any Delta flight, any time, anywhere

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

15% off any Delta flight, any time, anywhere

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Thumbs down

I would have been surprised had it let me book the LGA-DCA Shuttle. There always seems to be some sort of rule exception attached to that route.

So now, after half a dozen tries, I give up. I am taking my MIA-LGA RT that it let me book and knocking off.

I probably will not be able to resist trying it again on Monday.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by rtool
Does the cc charge post as a domestic or foreign transaction?
The website quoted the price in $ so I assume domestic but wasn't sure so used a no F/X fee cc.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by monitor
I would have been surprised had it let me book the LGA-DCA Shuttle. There always seems to be some sort of rule exception attached to that route.

So now, after half a dozen tries, I give up. I am taking my MIA-LGA RT that it let me book and knocking off.

I probably will not be able to resist trying it again on Monday.
Keep in mind the offer expires at 4am EDT on Monday @:-)

-J.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by RobertS975
You can do all the "dummy" bookings you want, but until someone says they have actually ticketed with this offer, I am suspicious that it is not for DL flights.
Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I agree... everything prices out correctly on a dummy booking; it's when you actually enter passenger info and try to continue to the payment page that the website craps out with an error message.
Several hours before you made these posts, I posted in #9 that I'd successfully ticketed and saw my reservation on DL.dumb for OMA-ATL-OMA. Now because of follow-up posts from others, I see what my problem was the first few times: I was selecting ATL-MSP-OMA for the return without doing multi-city, and it didn't like that.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:41 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, DL Sky Club
You can log in to delta.com-go to my trips- go to find a trip-enter first& last name and confirmation number-press go-. Your reservation will then show up with both Alitalia and Delta confirmation numbers. As soon as you add in your skymiles number your upgrade will be automatically requested and you should be able to pick EC seats.

My reservation booked into "T" class.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:51 pm

Alitalia.com does not accept bookings from YHZ (Halifax). :-(

It only knows Calgary, Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, BC, in Canada.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Just successfully booked one. AUS-SAN. I tried it earlier and got the error but when I reserved it segment by segment it worked. Confirmation email received almost immediately. The only glitch: my SkyMiles number did not make it over to the DL system, so it did not initially appear in my upcoming trips. However, you can use the Alitalia confirmation number to pull it up on delta.com. That will give you the DL PNR. A quick call to the Medallion line fixed the SM number problem, so all upgrades requested and I can pick good seats.

Booked into T class.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:10 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by rtool
Does the cc charge post as a domestic or foreign transaction?
Ticket for my AUS-SAN trip showed up on my DL Amex as a domestic charge, ticketed out of NY.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
You know what's weird... I haven't actually booked it yet but when looking at SLC-JFK-SLC round-trip I can still get the outbound via BOS for those extra miles and the nonstop on the return, and it doesn't give me any problem; I can even put in the code and recalculate the price. Does the issue appear after that, or am I just lucky?

-J.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
I can even put in the code and recalculate the price. Does the issue appear after that, or am I just lucky?

-J.
Yes.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 5:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by matthew.smith
You can log in to delta.com-go to my trips- go to find a trip-enter first& last name and confirmation number-press go-. Your reservation will then show up with both Alitalia and Delta confirmation numbers. As soon as you add in your skymiles number your upgrade will be automatically requested and you should be able to pick EC seats.

My reservation booked into "T" class.
Thank you for clarifying that. Today is gonna be the day that my credit card makes love to Alitalia and there JV with DL
Old Sep 23, 2012, 5:55 am

Programs: delta sky miles
Are we 100% sure that we will get 100% of the MQMs and be able to upgrade to Ec as a platinum? I'm scared to risk this on a mileage run to Europe. And do we know for sure about the 24 hour cancellation rule?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cpinstein
Are we 100% sure that we will get 100% of the MQMs and be able to upgrade to Ec as a platinum? I'm scared to risk this on a mileage run to Europe. And do we know for sure about the 24 hour cancellation rule?
I am not 100% sure of the answers to your questions but I strongly believe that there is no reason that we should not get full SkyPeso credit. However, I would not at all stake much on having the protection of the 24 hour rule, which is practiced by American domestic carriers under order of a regulatory ruling by, I believe, the US DOT.

So if you need 100% assurance of having those two features, you probably are best off taking a pass on this discount and booking elsewhere.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 6:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
i am also a skeptic, but those that have booked on Alitalia already have said that the itinerary, when viewed on delta.com, shows up as a U fare ticket. U fare gets all the perks and bonuses as advertised by DL so I would say yes, go ahead and book and don't worry about it.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 7:22 am

I was able to get free domestic EC as a GM on the fare I purchased. Don't see any reason why you wouldn't get free international EC as a PM. I don't expect any problems with miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.