Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will DL have a DMQM promo before the end of 2012?

Will DL have a DMQM promo before the end of 2012?

Old Sep 17, 12, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by ElPresidente View Post
No shortage of the "attitude" against elite gold-diggers here I see.

Reminds me of this recent thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...les-forum.html
I don't think that is what this is. Obviously nobody here knows anything, DL has not run a DMQM promotion since 2010, people are just stating their opinion if there should be one or not.

I also vote no, however if they do, I am sure I will try to take advantage of it, but I already have my 4th quarter travels booked and really dontf want to fly more.
Old Sep 17, 12, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by 122554 View Post
I wonder how many of us on this board have their status like me, solely by flying? No AMEX, no buying miles, etc.!

Anyone?
Status is status, doesn't matter how you get it, if you get it's without flying then you are not using a lot of benefits of the status since you are not flying anyway,
Old Sep 17, 12, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
I wonder how many of us on this board have their status like me, solely by flying? No AMEX, no buying miles, etc.!

Anyone?
Me.
Old Sep 17, 12, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by RacingJunkie View Post
Of course they would, they have to inflate their numbers to keep up with everybody else.
If you are already DM and can sustain that level of travel without rollover, inflating your numbers is a waste of time. You are better served to maintain or increase status on another airline.

I think these promos hurt the DMs/top tiers the most. Everyone else can move up a tier.
Old Sep 17, 12, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold

Anyone?
My FO is all BIS - but I have 5000 MQMs that I got when I upgraded to the platinum SM AmEx to get the free companion certificate. I am solidly in FO-GM "no-man's land" (will have ~40000 MQM by 12/31), so those 5000 MQMs really aren't doing me any good.
Old Sep 17, 12, 4:19 pm

It's been said before but it bears repeating. People who earn higher status from promos, but they don't fly, aren't competing with you for your upgrade, because, they don't fly
Old Sep 17, 12, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC

Anyone?
I'm an old fashioned BIS guy but really don't fault others for picking up MQM's any way they are offered. That said, I wouldn't be thrilled if DL came out with a DMQM offer this year unless they dumped MQM's from non-flying.
Old Sep 17, 12, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eturowski View Post
My FO is all BIS - but I have 5000 MQMs that I got when I upgraded to the platinum SM AmEx to get the free companion certificate. I am solidly in FO-GM "no-man's land" (will have ~40000 MQM by 12/31), so those 5000 MQMs really aren't doing me any good.
You'll start 2013 with 15K MQMs ... if you fly 35K next year, you'll hit GM.
Old Sep 17, 12, 4:30 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare View Post
i hope not. Those promotions are the reason skymiles is in the shape that it is in.
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
Old Sep 17, 12, 4:36 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2MM, AA EXP

Anyone?
you got one here.
Old Sep 17, 12, 5:27 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL

Anyone?
<---Raises hand.
Old Sep 17, 12, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare View Post
I hope not. Those promotions are the reason Skymiles is in the shape that it is in.
Originally Posted by DLdweeb View Post
No, no, please no. Let's restore some sanity to the program, at least on the MQM side.
+1 gazillion. No more MQM handouts please. Just fix the award calendar please.
Old Sep 17, 12, 5:57 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
I enjoy rollover, but I'm not sure how sustainable it is, nor whether its inventors considered the long run.

Let's take a flyer who pulls in 200k MQM per year. (That's what I've earned the past couple years.) So you rollover 75k MQM - nice, but not too big a deal. Until, that is, we have lots of years of rollover behind us. 5 years into the program, you are rolling over 375k MQM. Combined with the MQMs that don't rollover, that's enough to be DM for the next four years, even assuming you don't earn more MQMs. At this point, I have DM through Feb 2015 --- assuming they don't change the program (yeah, right).

Eventually, with flyers having enormous rollovers, I foresee the program changing in some way.
Old Sep 17, 12, 6:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by ElPresidente View Post
No shortage of the "attitude" against elite gold-diggers here I see.

Reminds me of this recent thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...les-forum.html
+1 ^

The chest-thumping generated by the "BIS" crowd becomes deafening in these threads. We all get it. You have a job that affords you a very generous travel budget.
Old Sep 17, 12, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er View Post
It's been said before but it bears repeating. People who earn higher status from promos, but they don't fly, aren't competing with you for your upgrade, because, they don't fly
Common sense is not a strong point of your average Delta Elite

Search this Thread
Search Engine: