Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Best email address for sincere complaint to Delta?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2012, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion

My ATL to LGA flight ruined my trip because it was both late (they said it would be early) and the Wi-Fi was broken (with no notification at the gate).

It was a last-minute trip, and I intended to book a hotel room on the plane, and since it was supposed to land at 11:25 pm i figured i could book something on the ground if that didnt work out.

When I landed I'd been unable to book a hotel and it was two minutes to midnight - making it impossible to book a room fast enough online. (Lord knows I tried.)

I realize I was cutting it close, and we shouldn't be completely dependent upon Wi-Fi, but in my situation it really ruined my night.

I feel they should have notified us on the ground that wifi was unavailable so that we could have made arrangements, instead of waiting until takeoff to tell us.

Last edited by BostonGuy; Sep 8, 2012 at 1:58 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Sep 8, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by BostonGuy
When I landed I'd been unable to book a hotel and it was two minutes to midnight - making it impossible to book a room fast enough online. (Lord knows I tried.)
Huh? I must be dense - I don't get why you can't book a hotel after midnight in NY.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp
Huh? I must be dense - I don't get why you can't book a hotel after midnight in NY.
+1. Why couldn't you just call the hotel? Just because they stopped selling rooms for the night at midnight online doesn't mean that they won't give it to you over the phone. Are you really attempting to make a complaint over the flight not having wifi?
Old Sep 8, 2012, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It's unlikely any compensation from Delta will overcome the ration of grief the OP is going to get here.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Gets much harder to book after midnight, even through phone reps... especially if their clocks have rolled over too. Can be done though, and almost always by calling the hotel directly. Still, I don't think this is a comp-worthy issue, so you'll probably get 19,000 miles.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
I usually don't give people a hard time on here, there is enough of that already....however this one really amazes me

30 minute delay?

The wifi not working is a valid complaint but hardly makes this a huge inconvenience

If you fly somewhere late at night without a room that sounds like your fault, not DL's

Sorry
Old Sep 8, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
I usually don't give people a hard time on here, there is enough of that already....however this one really amazes me

30 minute delay?

The wifi not working is a valid complaint but hardly makes this a huge inconvenience

If you fly somewhere late at night without a room that sounds like your fault, not DL's

Sorry

+1, and since I am in a good mood, I will say no more.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black
I'm still puzzled by not being able to get a room. Did you sleep in LGA, find a homeless person who offered you a side of his shack, vacant car? We all want to know!
Old Sep 8, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Amex Centurion, Delta Reserve
All other posts on here are valid, but I've found that filing a complaint on delta.com directly works very well. On top of the home page is a link that says "Comment/Complaint"
Old Sep 8, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Platinum, National Executive, SPG Platinum
It sounds like your poor planning is the culprit here. Wifi not working is an inconvenience, but about on par with the reading light in your seat not working.

You could have picked up the phone, called the hotel, gotten someone at the front desk, and booked on the spot; heck, showing up and then booking in person would work, provided they had capacity.

Your sob story really presents as you trying to blame others for your own poor planning.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Wifi is broken so often that really you should never plan on It working and be happy when it does.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
Wifi is broken so often that really you should never plan on It working and be happy when it does.
I have never had the Wifi fail to work. (I am an FO and will be a GM, so I fly a fair amount but not a huge amount.) Once it didn't work when we first got over 10,000 feet and I got the flight attendant to figure out how to fix it, but it did get fixed. I would never depend on it to book a room that I needed upon landing, but I've had good experiences with it.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
It's unlikely any compensation from Delta will overcome the ration of grief the OP is going to get here.
OMG - I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
Wow. When I arrive after midnight, it's always my excuse phone the nearby hotels for a DEEP discount. Maybe you should pay Delta. :-) I hate talking on the phone too...but you do know you get a better price if you talk to a person as opposed to booking online? Try it and see. You may stand amazed at how much you've paid for the privilege of avoiding speaking to a night clerk. I would never "wifi" a last minute deal. They know the room is going unsold if you don't buy it, so if you can look the person in the eye or at least call them on the phone, you'll get a discount. (I've done it both ways, just called on the phone to haggle for a late discount and or also just walked in, looked sad, and asked for a cheap rate -- the walk in gets the cheapest, deepest discount, but if you're hopping airport shuttles to get it, you may not want the hassle.)
Old Sep 8, 2012, 11:13 pm
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.448 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I'm shocked - shocked, I tell you.

Doesn't anyone know who he is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.