Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by GregL
That is not correct about AA.

While non-elites on AA do not earn 500 miles minimum per segment, all AA elites earn a minimum 500 RDM and 500 EQM per segment.

I think you are confusing points which AA bases by fare class and miles which are the same for any fare class. Elite status can be earned by EQM, EQP or EQS on AA.

Greg
I think you and the others got my point -- AA is doing something similar. sorry if I did not get all of the parlance correct. Geez.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
I have confirmed internally that this will be rolled out soon. Glad to see Delta making enhancements. Now I'll just be buying business fares.

Sure you have. Nice try.

Originally Posted by jeff30189
First, this is the most obvious clue to date that a revenue based Skypesos program is more than a rumor and is in fact on the very near horizon. It's coming, and we just got a preview of what it will look like. Last one out don't forget to turn off the lights!

Second, are you really (REALLY?) surprised that DL IT botched this "test" and somehow the pilot program went live? The level of web-based ineptitude hits a new low with each unfixed bug and each newly discovered "enhancement".

Finally, are you also really (REALLY?) shocked that DL would unveil a new program with no notice to its customers? The fact that some agents did get notice of a change supports the growing suspicion that we are about to get pounded with a massive overhaul of the Skypesos program. It will be sudden, it will be swift, it will be poorly thought out and even more poorly executed, but make no mistake it's coming soon.

I will hit 1MM on my next trip, make Platinum for next year (assuming they dont redefine that mid-stream), and spend 2013 on a status match to AA or UA.
There hasn't been any notice of a change. Agents were confused with the recent change about MQM earnings on unpublished fares. As NWA/Deltaflygirl said, nothing about a change has been announced internally. If the program changes, they have to inform RES/ACS, even if it's only a few minutes before the change goes into effect...(which seems to have been the case for some past changes).
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Flyingdevil
I think you and the others got my point -- AA is doing something similar.
AA is not doing anything remotely similar.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:56 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Update from Delta 2

We’ve identified the issue and many of you were right – we had some incorrect coding as it related to the recent changes to MQM earnings for unpublished fares. We’re working to put a fix in now and hope to have the issue resolved later today. You can book now or book later – once the fix is made the correct number will be reflected in your account.

Worth answering a few other questions we’ve seen here today:

- As I mentioned, this is related to unpublished fares. Nothing else.
- Jeff30189: I love cookies – and can be bribed.
- JDErickson: No compensation, but nice try. Can’t hurt to ask, right?
- mbwmbw: Picture here.
- avidflyer: There were some recent changes to redemption levels at mid- and high-tier in some international locations, a few up, one down. No changes to low award levels. Not that you need my help, but you can find the updated charts here. It works like a pricing change, so legally, we’re not allowed to notify folks in advance. However, we’re obviously not prevented from sharing it with you once the change has been made. We'll certainly keep this in mind for future announcements.

Thanks again for flagging this for us, and for your patience as we work to resolve it.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
... I don't see them cutting ties with Am Ex. ...
AmEx owns Delta's soul, whatever little bit of that there is.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by Fly_Delta_Jets

Sure you have. Nice try.

There hasn't been any notice of a change. Agents were confused with the recent change about MQM earnings on unpublished fares. As NWA/Deltaflygirl said, nothing about a change has been announced internally. If the program changes, they have to inform RES/ACS, even if it's only a few minutes before the change goes into effect...(which seems to have been the case for some past changes).
I'm sure mbwmbw called RA direct at CE Woolman's desk to get the skinny on this.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
Originally Posted by DLCorpGirl
We’ve identified the issue and many of you were right – we had some incorrect coding as it related to the recent changes to MQM earnings for unpublished fares. We’re working to put a fix in now and hope to have the issue resolved later today. You can book now or book later – once the fix is made the correct number will be reflected in your account.

Worth answering a few other questions we’ve seen here today:

- As I mentioned, this is related to unpublished fares. Nothing else.
- Jeff30189: I love cookies – and can be bribed.
- JDErickson: No compensation, but nice try. Can’t hurt to ask, right?
- avidflyer: There were some recent changes to redemption levels at mid- and high-tier in some international locations, a few up, one down. No changes to low award levels. Not that you need my help, but you can find the updated charts here. It works like a pricing change, so legally, we’re not allowed to notify folks in advance. However, we’re obviously not prevented from sharing it with you once the change has been made. We'll certainly keep this in mind for future announcements.

Thanks again for flagging this for us, and for your patience as we work to resolve it.
Error fixed. Egg on face for mbwmbw
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL ♦, Marriot Plt, NATL EE
Originally Posted by bsagator
03 Sep 2012 Delta 0104 from Atlanta, GA(ATL) to Orlando, FL(MCO) Activity Date : 03 Sep 2012 500 500 1000 500 1
Miles 500 500
100% Gold Medallion Bonus 500
Class Paid/Flown : T/X
03 Sep 2012 Delta 1684 from San Jose, CA(SJC) to Atlanta, GA(ATL) Activity Date : 02 Sep 2012 2116 2116 4232 2116 1
Miles 2116 2116
100% Gold Medallion Bonus 2116
Class Paid/Flown : T/V
This cant be right. A GM doesnt get upgraded when flying through ATL
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Oh my. I'm single, btw.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Was this whole thing a planned "trial balloon" to see just how bad the reaction would be, before actually implementing it? Wouldn't be surprised.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by johnslloyd
Was this whole thing a planned "trial balloon" to see just how bad the reaction would be, before actually implementing it? Wouldn't be surprised.
Hopefully Delta is realizing just from the reaction on here it will go over like a lead balloon and sack the idea.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver

Not to shoot the messenger as I appreciate your presence on FT, but this is not anywhere remotely against the law. American and United always give advance notice.

Are you saying that if you change to a revenue based reward system, you won't give out notice becaue it is illegal? Or you won't give out notice for some other reason?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:08 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
I didn't know most of you were traveling/MRing on unpublished fares...in that case, let the hysteria continue!

Wandering Aramean did a nice post on this a couple of weeks ago. Maybe take a look while you're waiting to board your next WN flight

Originally Posted by johnslloyd
I doubt it. With that little return, even hub captives would be jumping ship in droves. I'd status match and jump immediately.

...It works like a pricing change, so legally, we’re not allowed to notify folks in advance. However, we’re obviously not prevented from sharing it with you once the change has been made. We'll certainly keep this in mind for future announcements.
DLCorpGirl,

Thank you for communicating here and for your explanation of the IT issue!

Even if DL are legally prevented from announcing the award level changes in advance, the issue I have is that there was no communication to their customers once the changes had been made. While I accept that the news of award level increases is not good news, a simple announcement is going to cut off much of the ill-will that the stealthy changes created!

Perhaps you could suggest to the managers or VP of loyalty that it is indeed a good idea to provide external communication to customers.

Last edited by PacificTwo; Sep 5, 2012 at 3:10 pm Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.