Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by bubbashow
Right now many silvers and golds will pay LUT fares which make the company very little money, and absorb all the benefits set aside for those that are contributing to the real revenue line.

As I am that flyer right now on the way to Gold, I would tend to disagree. I think it is very easy for many corporate flyers on this website to sit back and feel entitled while the revenue earned by Delta is simply a tax break for the corporation that you work for.

My wife and I will both be gold this year on 10,000 pounds of our own money spent on flights. While that maybe be a drop in the bucket compared to what some companies spend on corporate travel for some employees, I think my loyalty to DL and Skymiles runs just as much or more deep as it is my dollars with no tax break that are being spent.

The reason I pay more for Delta and AF/KL in Europe is because I enjoy the benefits I receive as I will enjoy being SkyTeam Elite Plus and having lounge access next year. So no, while I am not in the air every week, I am still a valuable revenue stream that deserves some benefit for choosing to fly one airline.

Regards,

Team
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by DLdweeb:19259528
Originally Posted by dgxoxo
It's so cute that you think you're some kind of a big spender. People with money don't talk about money.
So very true. If you have to try to convince everyone you are a big shot, you really are not a big shot.
Where did I say I am trying to convince people. I stated I'd only spent what I need to to get to Diamond...
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
Also no 500 minimum miles

Delta 0927 Milwaukee, WItoMinneapolis/St Paul, MN T 74 0 74 18 1
Delta 2221 Minneapolis/St Paul, MNtoLos Angeles, CA T 384 0 384 96 1
Delta 2116 Los Angeles, CAtoMinneapolis/St Paul, MN T 384 0 384 96 1
Delta 0927 Minneapolis/St Paul, MNtoMilwaukee, WI T 74 0 74 18 1
Perhaps someone already pointed this out, but AA is already doing this -- no 500 minimum miles, elite mileage accrual based upon fare class, etc. This was one of the MANY reasons why I switched from AA to DL as my principal carrier a couple years ago. Its the future for all of the carriers I suspect.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by GatorBlues
Not easy at all unless Delta is going to sever its relationship with AMEX, which gives the LUT flyers free checked bags. Given the reports that the AMEX relationship has meant a billion dollars to Delta, I seriously doubt Delta is cutting ties with AMEX any time soon. So where is the ancillary revenue going to come from without bag fees?
Seeing that it was announced in another thread earlier today that Delta is giving Skypriority security line access for just having a regular delta am ex card, I don't see them cutting ties with Am Ex.

If Delta wants ancillary revenue they should start charging non-status a free to use the lane instead of giving it away for free to a credit card holder
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by TeamInTheSky
As I am that flyer right now on the way to Gold, I would tend to disagree. I think it is very easy for many corporate flyers on this website to sit back and feel entitled while the revenue earned by Delta is simply a tax break for the corporation that you work for.

My wife and I will both be gold this year on 10,000 pounds of our own money spent on flights. While that maybe be a drop in the bucket compared to what some companies spend on corporate travel for some employees, I think my loyalty to DL and Skymiles runs just as much or more deep as it is my dollars with no tax break that are being spent.

The reason I pay more for Delta and AF/KL in Europe is because I enjoy the benefits I receive as I will enjoy being SkyTeam Elite Plus and having lounge access next year. So no, while I am not in the air every week, I am still a valuable revenue stream that deserves some benefit for choosing to fly one airline.

Regards,

Team
Maybe you are, maybe you aren't. Only DL knows who contributes what. In the US, non-elites pay A LOT of fees that are adding to the airlines bottom lines. Maybe they are a bigger asset than a low-spending elite. I am sure DL has the numbers to support this and will make the decision accordingly.

WN is a huge airline and a thorn in DL's side. They are already at a revenue based program. ALL will follow. It is simple. It is just a matter of time, and it is good for the high-dollar spenders (which I have repeatedly stated, I don't know if I am). How this would shake out for me, I don't know, but I am smart enough to not shut off my mind for a marketing scheme.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DLCorpGirl
Hi, all. It's been a while. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're working to get to the bottom of it but one thing is certain - it is incorrect. Hope to have it resolved soon. I'll check back again once we know more.
What exactly is incorrect? Not all of it is.

Why not get more senior DL management to be honest and acknowledge that much of what has been shown with screen shots in this thread is a reflection of what DL has in the plans for DL customers (i.e., a sort of return to reduced miles-earning for a lot more fare bases than is currently the case)?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
What exactly is incorrect? Not all of it is incorrect.

Why not get more senior DL management to be honest and acknowledge that much of what has been shown with screen shots in this thread is a reflection of what DL has in the plans for DL customers (i.e., a sort of return to reduced miles-earning for a lot more fare bases than is currently the case)?
Because it is THEIR company, and they will operate on THEIR schedule, with THEIR protocol.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
+1. Diamonds should only be comprised of elite spenders.
That would leave you out. I know a Silver (my colleague) who has spent more than you this year. He hit 60 segments Friday to earn Gold but most of his flights are $800-1000 with 2-4 500 mile segments RT.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by yohanson
That would leave you out. I know a Silver (my colleague) who has spent more than you this year. He hit 60 segments Friday to earn Gold but most of his flights are $800-1000 with 2-4 500 mile segments RT.
THIS. The problem with the current system.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
+1

Honesty, Integrity, & Mutual Respect.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by PDX1130
Would you wait to purchase flights today? I need to book three of them.
I just booked two tickets, which showed the same MQM as similar tickets booked months ago.
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Flyingdevil
Perhaps someone already pointed this out, but AA is already doing this -- no 500 minimum miles, elite mileage accrual based upon fare class, etc. This was one of the MANY reasons why I switched from AA to DL as my principal carrier a couple years ago. Its the future for all of the carriers I suspect.
Are you AA elite or not? As an AA elite, all I see is a 500-mile minimum for AA flights.

Originally Posted by GatorNation
+1

Honesty, Integrity, & Mutual Respect.
A company with a lot of moving parts, and an agenda that doesn't necessarily match yours.

If it is changed (PLEASE DL CHANGE IT!) we will know.

Originally Posted by bubbashow
Because it is THEIR company, and they will operate on THEIR schedule, with THEIR protocol.
THEIR company cannot survive without OUR dollars.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by GatorNation
THEIR company cannot survive without OUR dollars.
Indeed. However, I don't think GatorNation is the spokesperson for the entire flying public in the US>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.