Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:41 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bubbashow
WOO HOO!!!!! The FT pattern continues! We are class action. It is the FT CIRCLE OF CRAZY!
Next comes DOT....who's got DOT?
lol it didn't take long for a lawsuit threat haha

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
NO!

How could it be!?

Am I the only one that has flown since 9/1 and could discount MRs theory from the first post of it?
I earned full MQM's on my flights since 9/1.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
NO!

How could it be!?

Am I the only one that has flown since 9/1 and could discount MRs theory from the first post of it?
ITS COMING@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The algorithms are not there for "group fares". They just, in the stellar way they always do, let us get a glimpse of what they are coding up quietly.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Anyone here know a good Class Action lawyer? It's about time someone in the US took these one-sided "subject to change without notice" clauses to court.
Ridiculous, right on their site it says it can be changed without notice. No lawsuit would ever hold up
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Funny...because I flew 9/3 and got full credit on T fare.
Same here.

If this is retroactive to already purchased flights not yet flown, I'm screwed.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: DL DM
Better jump on the LAXCLE loss-leader fares....fly back and forth every day left in the year...rollover....you can be one of DL's MOST VALUABLE clients for years to come!
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by avidflyer
LOL! Just like there was nothing about the rise in mileage for awards that went into effect last week.
She did say ASIA award redepmtions did indeed go up last week
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
Ridiculous, right on their site it says it can be changed without notice. No lawsuit would ever hold up
Mr. Mama - rule #1 of flyertalk - don't let practicality interfere with a good FT crazy storm.

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
I have confirmed internally that this will be rolled out soon. Glad to see Delta making enhancements. Now I'll just be buying business fares.
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by avidflyer
ITS COMING@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <snip> <snip> a glimpse of what they are coding up quietly.
So, could somebody have been fired over this slip-up?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by mbwmbw
I have confirmed internally that this will be rolled out soon. Glad to see Delta making enhancements. Now I'll just be buying business fares.
And when you carry a Medallion card, it will actually mean something. You will actually be worth something to the airline.

If this is rolled out next year, THANK YOU DL! Thank you for eliminating 80 people lining up for SKY boarding, thank you for eliminating upgrade lists 70+ long, thank you for deciding to make the bold move of making your elite program actually elite.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
Nice try, but no one believes that you have an internal source at Delta.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

+100000.

Folks, I hope nobody expects to be given a "heads up" when this happens. I also remember several "enhancements" that showed up (in production no less) well before the actual change took place.

It is just a FF program and when it changes it will be like the 9 million other times it changed. If it works they will keep it of not they will go back. They did pull MQMs for LUT fares in the past...or was it Upgrade eligibility?? not sure but either would get the same reaction here.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dgxoxo
Nice try, but no one believes that you have an internal source at Delta.
Few believe he can vote yet
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
She said IT just issued a bulletin that it is incorrect and it will be fixed.
First, this is the most obvious clue to date that a revenue based Skypesos program is more than a rumor and is in fact on the very near horizon. It's coming, and we just got a preview of what it will look like. Last one out don't forget to turn off the lights!

Second, are you really (REALLY?) surprised that DL IT botched this "test" and somehow the pilot program went live? The level of web-based ineptitude hits a new low with each unfixed bug and each newly discovered "enhancement".

Finally, are you also really (REALLY?) shocked that DL would unveil a new program with no notice to its customers? The fact that some agents did get notice of a change supports the growing suspicion that we are about to get pounded with a massive overhaul of the Skypesos program. It will be sudden, it will be swift, it will be poorly thought out and even more poorly executed, but make no mistake it's coming soon.

I will hit 1MM on my next trip, make Platinum for next year (assuming they dont redefine that mid-stream), and spend 2013 on a status match to AA or UA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.