Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Old Oct 25, 2012, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by reef58
I will probably spend $8,000 to $9,000 this year to make FO. That is not much in the grand scheme, but it should be enough to make FO
That is what I will be spending to make PM. Unless, for some reason, you are much more expensive to transport than I am, it seems like Delta really does need to rethink its program.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
DL is rethinking its program... to the detriment of us all.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by rylan
DL is rethinking its program... to the detriment of us all.
I have learned in life that very few things are to the detriment of all. In the case of reef58 and myself, if Delta gives status based on spend, not BIS, he will probably gain and I will probably lose.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bowgie
I'll bite:

1. Miles don't expire anymore.
2. 1.5 times class of service bonus for biz class compared with 1.25 on NWA
3. 500 mile minimums per segment regardless of elite status.
(not 100% sure if this was a change.)
4. More non-alliance partners (like VA) for redemption.

Yeah, I know this list isn't terribly impressive, but it's all I can think of...
Hmm, you got pretty much every item wrong. NW miles didn't expire, they had 50% class or bonus for biz fares, and 500 mile minimum per segment.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 7:25 pm

I buy a lot of short notice 24 to 48 hour 4 segment 2000mqm $800 tickets. A lot being relative of course.

Originally Posted by Dovster
That is what I will be spending to make PM. Unless, for some reason, you are much more expensive to transport than I am, it seems like Delta really does need to rethink its program.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.