Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by 84fiero
^
Didn't you get the memo on Delta's new CEO - Shena?!
At UA, the new CEO is the computer
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Correct, which is why I said...I liked the ability...I do not want to have to go all of the way through a “dummy booking” just to see how many Medallion Qualification Miles I would earn. It was easier to do this at one time.
The thread title isn't accurate in that, first, the MQMs shown on delta.dumb are presumably incorrect at this time, we hope, and secondly, the MQMs are based on the fare class, not the fare paid; the multipliers depend on a letter code, as always, rather than a dollar amount.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by fgirard
If only........
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:59 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by fgirard
This one?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If only........
It makes more sense than human interaction causing the bizarre things on .bomb
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by 84fiero
That computer is too intelligent
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by mbwmbw
I have confirmed internally that this will be rolled out soon. Glad to see Delta making enhancements. Now I'll just be buying business fares.
Did your "internal source" tell you how soon is "soon"??
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tkey75
Here's the real truth:

Everyone is speculating. That is, unless you're sitting in the boardroom at 1030 Delta Blvd. I'm speculating, but I don't believe anyone here is.
DL management are really speculating.

I hope their speculation costs them and not SkyMiles customers in the main.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by GatorBlues
Please confirm that this is not only incorrect now, but also not the plan for next year's program.
LOL....I can see it now....DLCorpGirl sez...."I can neither confirm nor deny that statement" Ahhhh...plausable deniability.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I might be missing where it is, but I just searched various dates and fares for this year and next and all the mqm/miles were still showing the same amount
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by vincentharris
I might be missing where it is, but I just searched various dates and fares for this year and next and all the mqm/miles were still showing the same amount
Obviously you didnt' read past the first paragraph, DL posted that it was an "IT ERROR" and has been fixed
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:39 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Yes, it seems to be back to normal - - whatever normal is . . .

PIT/LGA one way is now showing:

Miles earned = 500
MQMs earned = 500

Compared to earlier this afternoon:

PIT/JFK/LAX One-way in T . . .

Miles earned = 703
MQMs earned = 175

PIT/JFK 85 Miles & 21 MQMs!!!

JFK/LAX 618 Miles & 154 MQMs!!!

edited to add . . . .

When you click on details, and it lists the mileage accrual and MQMs, it also says . . .

"Miles and Medallion Qualification Miles are subject to change."

Amazing!

Last edited by davetravels; Sep 5, 2012 at 7:50 pm
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sbm12
Emphasis mine

I'm calling BS on this part. Sorry, but award charts change and those changes are announced in advance ALL THE TIME. It isn't fare baiting and the DoT doesn't prevent you from announcing such changes prior to their implementation. Perhaps it is time you find a better group of lawyers because the ones you have are steering you wrong and hoping the public just doesn't notice. That's a crappy way to run a company.
I don't think its BS....announcing a change in advance to pricing could be considered "signaling" and could put people behind bars. Don't really think that anyone on the legal team would be dumb enough to let an official voice make an announcement on future pricing actions. Apparently you don't understand the legal implications of such an action.

I've never seen an airline executive or spokesperson come out and say a vague statement like "next week we will be increasing our prices" or a specific statement like "next week we will be attempting a $5 one way increase". Generally there won't even be any sort of announcement of the action until someone notices and writes a blog on it or media starts to contact the airline to ask if they raised fares. Its a touchy area and I don't think anyone wants to break laws and end up in jail.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
I don't think its BS....announcing a change in advance to pricing could be considered "signaling" and could put people behind bars. Don't really think that anyone on the legal team would be dumb enough to let an official voice make an announcement on future pricing actions. Apparently you don't understand the legal implications of such an action.

Id call that enough of a single for me to short the stock. Enough for me to leave the airline, nope, but enough to cash in on the margins, yes please.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler

I've never seen an airline executive or spokesperson come out and say a vague statement like "next week we will be increasing our prices" or a specific statement like "next week we will be attempting a $5 one way increase". Generally there won't even be any sort of announcement of the action until someone notices and writes a blog on it or media starts to contact the airline to ask if they raised fares. Its a touchy area and I don't think anyone wants to break laws and end up in jail.

Find me one living current or former antitrust/competition authority division head at the federal/union level on either side of the Atlantic (specifically US or EU) who considers published notification of award chart changes to be unlawful "signaling". Good luck with that, and then send me the fairy godmother in chains too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.