Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
I really hope Delta does make these changes soon so Diamond will actually be worth something. I don't mind paying 25000-30000 for it.
Nowhere did I say I am a big spender. I just said I will only spend what is necessary to get diamond... I don't know how you took that as me being a big spender.

Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I would imagine the overwhelming majority of Kettle flyers aren't Amex holders. I don't think it has one thing to do with another. Kettles will buy the low fares and pay to talk to someone, pay to sit in an aisle, pay to check their bag, pay to board early, pay, pay, pay. Right now many silvers and golds will pay LUT fares which make the company very little money, and absorb all the benefits set aside for those that are contributing to the real revenue line.

We can go in circles for days about this. WN is already there - it is strictly revenue-based. They are all going there, my friend. It is just a matter of time.
In Atlanta, the Delta AMEX cards are everywhere. Plus, Southwest allows free bags, so that's yet one more reason to fly it instead of Delta if you tank the rewards program for "kettles."

And, you're wrong that LUT makes Delta very little money. Revenue is not only achieved by getting the limited business travelers to pay more for their seats. It is also achieved by full planes and squeezing the last dollar out of the cheap seats. Delta would charge more for those seats if it could. It NEEDS to fill the seats with LUT fares or the seats go empty, which is much worse for the bottom line. Delta often gets to charge a little more for those seats thanks to the loyalty of golds and silvers who will pay extra to stay on DAL versus Southwest/Airtran. Make these rumored changes and those seats will become LESS desirable to most flyers versus Southwest given SW's free bag policy.

You may be right that every airline is headed for solely revenue based rewards. If so, the low cost carriers will pick up market share because they are better positioned to win a war fought based solely on price. Delta is not a low cost carrier, nor will it ever be given its labor, hub, and other commitments that, even in bankruptcy, could not be unwound to the level of the low cost carriers.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:50 pm

Indeed. However, I don't think GatorNation is the spokesperson for the entire flying public in the US>
Maybe you didn't get the memo; the Gator Nation is everywhere
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GatorNation
+1

Honesty, Integrity, & Mutual Respect.
Characteristics not generally attributable to DL SkyMiles management.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by james318:19259620
I really hope Delta does make these changes soon so Diamond will actually be worth something. I don't mind paying 25000-30000 for it.
Nowhere did I say I am a big spender. I just said I will only spend what is necessary to get diamond... I don't know how you took that as me being a big spender.

30,000/yr is not a lot on Airfare for someone in my area.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yohanson
That would leave you out. I know a Silver (my colleague) who has spent more than you this year. He hit 60 segments Friday to earn Gold but most of his flights are $800-1000 with 2-4 500 mile segments RT.
+1

mbwmbw seems to also be a pretty big cost to Delta if he complains as much to them as he lets on on here.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Flyingdevil
Perhaps someone already pointed this out, but AA is already doing this -- no 500 minimum miles, elite mileage accrual based upon fare class, etc. This was one of the MANY reasons why I switched from AA to DL as my principal carrier a couple years ago. Its the future for all of the carriers I suspect.
AA RDM and EQM accrual is at 100% for all fare buckets, plus the class bonus for J/F. It's only EQPs that are less than 100% for deep discount economy and higher for Y, B, W, etc.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
In fact it wont get you close to UA Global Service. More like $50-$60k and all YBJF (I dont even think they count A).
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
The problem appears fixed; MQM accrual is restored to the status quo ante.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Ah yes... Epic, Networker, and Entrepreneur
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by DLCorpGirl
Hi, all. It's been a while. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're working to get to the bottom of it but one thing is certain - it is incorrect. Hope to have it resolved soon. I'll check back again once we know more.
Are you lost? We're not used to seeing any Delta folks around here. Welcome. If we tell you that we have cookies, will you stick around longer than the last guy? :-)

It was obvious I was replying sarcastically to the "beautiful" comment.
So you're saying she's not beautiful? That's sort of mean and uncalled for isn't it? Everyone has at least one trait that makes him/her special.... even you!
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by avidflyer:19259666
In fact it wont get you close to UA Global Service. More like $50-$60k and all YBJF (I dont even think they count A).
Exactly. That's why I was saying 30,000 would still be well worth it for Diamond.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by sethb
and this thread just gave Delta a free focus group !

of course, if they were any good at marketing, they already would know this type of thing would drive business away.

<lol>

Bob H
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
Hi Seth,

Just checked the flight I booked earlier and it seems that this is still showing quite the reduction:

The following table shows the approximate miles earned and Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) earned for the selected itinerary. Miles will be posted to your SkyMiles account upon completion of your flight.

Activity Type and Description Class of Service Paid Miles Earned Class of Service Bonus Total Miles MQMs Earned MQSs Earned
Delta 0019 London-Heathrow, United KingdomtoDetroit-Wayne County, MI K 1883 0 1883 941 1
Delta 5221 Detroit-Wayne County, MItoAsheville, NC K 235 0 235 117 1
Delta 5098 Asheville, NCtoAtlanta, GA L 82 0 82 41 1
Delta 1800 Atlanta, GAtoWashington-Dulles, DC L 266 0 266 133 1
Delta 3390 Washington-Reagan National, DCtoNew York-Kennedy, NY Q 106 0 106 53 1
Delta 0003 New York-Kennedy, NYtoLondon-Heathrow, United Kingdom Q 1726 0 1726 863 1

Miles and Medallion Qualification Miles are subject to change.
Elite bonus or promotional miles are not included.

Regards,

Team
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, DL Platinum
Because it is THEIR company, and they will operate on THEIR schedule, with THEIR protocol.
I don't mean to offend you, but I think you've treated just about everyone on this thread with unwarranted rudeness today. It's inappropriate and strange.

As to DL, it is their company, but we are their clients, and, like any clients, we expect a certain degree of honest dealing, which means disclosure. Not necessarily "fair" dealing -- of course theirs is one of self-interest -- but basic standards of fairness can still apply.

And, on that note, why would you blame us customers for doing exactly what DL does and demanding the most in exchange for our money? I don't believe we have a moral obligation to accept any corporate decision without umbrage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.