Gold Amex Gives Sky Priority?

Old Nov 15, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: Delta: Gold, Marriott: Silver
Originally Posted by dw
Interesting... on the application page for the Amex cards, it now says "Cardmembers are entitled to receive Zone 2 priority boarding on Delta flights."
There was a thread about this yesterday. Amex confirmed it was a typo.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Amex has been advertising "Priority boarding". Note the lack of the word "Sky" in that phrase.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: HA premier club, Platinum Amex, DL SM and reserve, United Mileage Plus Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I believe that the United Club card is a special credit card with a higher fee than the base UA affiliated cards. It gives access to UA lounges, among other privileges.

In contrast, the Gold DL AmEx card is a base-level card that doesn't have much if any anual fee. A closer analogue to the United Club card would be the DL Reserve card.

The problem is that when AmEx airport hawkers and FAs try to "sell" DL AmEx cards, they over promise, either deliberately to earn commissions from accepted applications or out of ignorance and not bothering to study the fine print. DL further confuses the issue by creating boarding zones before zone 1. It's marketing to make everyone feel important and like they have high priority. DL Gold AmEx boards with "zone one" which is really at least the third zone.
True, but with the DL reserve card which I also have it says expedite on the BP which is not quite sky priority whereas United has premier access for its cardholders. With the expedite sometimes the agents have no idea what it means, other times it says on my BP sky priority because I am a SM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
I flew a MSP-ATL r/t to catch the Champions Classic and visit a buddy over the weekend. I have the Delta Gold Amex but no medallion status (until now, the return pushed me to FO). MSP-ATL, eBP (issued before the Delta.com changeover) had the red SKY PRIORITY banner. ATL-MSP, eBP (issued after the Delta.com changeover) no longer had the banner. So, it would appear this little back door to the Sky Priority lane has been closed.
Similar experience on this. eBP issued with the sky priority banner and zone 1 listed on the boarding pass (no medallion, amex DL gold card) until the recent DL.com changeover. Flown twice since with no banner (but still zone 1).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.