Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is T fare no longer eligible for UG or am I crazy?

Old Aug 30, 12, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM

Just to nip the "you want F, buy F" commentary now, I know on a T fare I don't "deserve" a UG but that doesn't mean I won't ask. Was looking at an itin. today, logged in as PM, checked the request box (after noticing this the first time) never touched the "pay with miles" box and keep getting the "Not Upgrade Eligible" message. SAN-DTW on a 757 and plenty of F seats on the maps both ways. Pretty sure we would have heard about this change and been up in arms over it. Any thoughts other than DL IT being stellar as usual?
Old Aug 30, 12, 1:24 pm

Just call Delta and ask them, could be an IT glitch.
Old Aug 30, 12, 1:27 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Avis Pres.

I was experiencing the same problem today while searching multiple trips. I tried searching several destinations to check eligibility on those and had the same problem then also. This seemed to occur through most of September on all the flights I checked. Not sure why...
Old Aug 30, 12, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
There is definately something going on with upgrade eligible showing when purchasing or looking at flights. I was looking at flights to BNA, PDX, MCO today and all were showing not upgrade eligible for all fare classes including T, M, U, etc, so I think there is an IT glitch, if you actually make the purchase, however, it does show properly as upgrade requested.
Old Aug 30, 12, 1:29 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Nexus
yep

Originally Posted by kss5555 View Post
There is definately something going on with upgrade eligible showing when purchasing or looking at flights. I was looking at flights to BNA, PDX, MCO today and all were showing not upgrade eligible for all fare classes including T, M, U, etc, so I think there is an IT glitch, if you actually make the purchase, however, it does show properly as upgrade requested.
Just did it this afternoon. No problems.
Old Aug 30, 12, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by kss5555 View Post
Sort of glad to hear it clears up normally after purchase. Just seeing the Not UG-E makes me nervous, I've read a few stories on here about that not being noticed and people losing UGs. I would definitely call to book or after booking to make sure it was addressed, just would hate to call in for every flight.
Thanks!
Old Aug 30, 12, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Also being discussed in the upgrade chances thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...thread-94.html (see post #1409). Looks to be a widespread IT glitch.
Old Aug 30, 12, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL DM MM
On a T fare tomorrow SRQ-PIT and got upgraded at 5 day window as usual.
Old Aug 30, 12, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, MM, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, etc
I saw this early today and had to call the Diamond lineand ask. Made the nice lady stay on the phone while I bought the ticket.

All was fine once the purchase was done.
Old Aug 30, 12, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by slipbeer View Post
Made the nice lady stay on the phone while I bought the ticket.
If you don't have a JWD to give her, you should at least write a complimentary TTU message to reward her for the effort. A TTU compliment actually gives the agent a tangible benefit (similar to a JWD), in addition to their receiving high-profile recognition for their extra effort.

The phone agents are supposed to keep calls under a certain time, so many will only spend a certain amount of time on the call before wrapping it up. I'm sure the agent that helped you took a ding for the length of that call, so sending in positive feedback would be a great way to thank them.

ETA: While you're at it, you could ask them to remind the IT department to feed the gerbils that keep the website running!

Last edited by dcline414; Aug 30, 12 at 2:32 pm
Old Aug 30, 12, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by slipbeer View Post
I saw this early today and had to call the Diamond lineand ask. Made the nice lady stay on the phone while I bought the ticket.

All was fine once the purchase was done.
Had the same issue trying to book two t-cons today. Called the Diamond line and asked if we are no longer eligible for UG's. Told that this is a glitch and they are well aware of it, had two meetings about it. Kind of weird but if you complete the transaction, then it says the UG's are suddenly available.

Already took too much of her time so told her I would book it myself online. Sure enough, the UG was back when the transactions were completed. Could be a lot worse IT, like the UA meltdown a few days ago. Glad to see DL is working on fixing it. Much preferable over a heart attack.
Old Aug 30, 12, 4:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Still I wonder how much longer the new E fares will remain upgrade eligible.
Old Aug 30, 12, 4:14 pm
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
The system was acting strange today. I got an email today telling me that the full-Y's I bought weeks ago have been upgraded. Naturally, those were upgraded at time of booking.
Old Aug 30, 12, 4:22 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Sez_Who View Post
Kind of weird but if you complete the transaction, then it says the UG's are suddenly available.
GM+ award tickets have been this way as long as I can remember on DL. It is odd, however, that this is suddenly an issue with paid tickets.

I sincerely wonder if a change with complementary upgrades is coming, as they are obviously making some IT changes under the hood.
Old Aug 30, 12, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Did any other FOs book something today? While y'all GM+'s are saying that your upgrades were requested automatically when you booked, I had to call in and request mine manually on four U fares that I booked at about 6:00 p.m. EST.

I feel like a ham sandwich... and the mouth in front of me is opening sloooowly... I have this sinking feeling that someone is going to take a big bite out of me soon.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: