Wiki Posts
Search

Delta missing on Kayak

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Delta missing on Kayak

Has anyone else noticed Delta not showing up on Kayak anymore? Occasionally it will show up in the results, but usually not. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to determine whether or not DL will show up, other than the flights I'm looking at are usually TATL.

Often I can still get KL codeshare, DL operated flights. I don't know if DL is blocking Kayak from searching its inventory?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
I generally couldn't get it to work ex-LON for some reason and saw the same behavior. I believe that rwoman has had greater success. Have you tried playing with the country and/or currency settings?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Yeah, I've tried several permutations: US+USD, US+GBP, UK+USD, UK+GBP.

The same thing happens with hipmunk.com. I can get DL flights, but they're all KL codeshares that I'd have to buy on klm.com. I'm not against KLM, but am afraid to book on them until the two airlines work out their IT issues (I'm not holding my breath).
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Just use matrix.itasoftware.com

I gave up on Kayak a while ago. I only use it for fare alerts.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Kayak

Works fine. Just did to SIN via Kayak to dl.com.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Diamond (Aspire)
So if I call the good people at Delta, will they be able to book a flight that I found a matrix for me? Say a more complicated itinerary that includes multiple SkyTeam carriers?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL DM-1MM
I have had numerous issues with Kayak over the last several weeks. Both Delta and United itinerary options not showing up on the site. It's made the site quite useless to me.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Delta Dude
So if I call the good people at Delta, will they be able to book a flight that I found a matrix for me? Say a more complicated itinerary that includes multiple SkyTeam carriers?
Probably, but not 100%. They had trouble confirming a particular AF LHR-CDG for me one time but were able to get me on the next one (which was not a problem).
Old Aug 29, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Delta Dude
The fare construction will show the breakdown of which fares cover which segments, and the fare basis code for each. It also breaks out fees/taxes, so you can confirm that those match up.

I've never had ITA find a result that I couldn't book, but I suppose something could sell out between the time you search on ITA and when you reach the DL agent to book it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.