Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1000 bonus miles for every segment

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I qualified, and to put my year into perspective, last year I hit GM +16K rollover on 31 segments, while this year, I've only done 7 segments and am barely past 9K to hit FO. I have trips planned to hit GM again but haven't booked them, so maybe DL thinks I'm getting my travel done on other airlines (which I am, on mileage tix that are actually possible to redeem at the low level ). But flew 2 segs yesterday and have 3 on Monday (with 3/5 upgraded!)
Old Aug 25, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
Can you smell what the ROCK is cooking?

Glad to see a promo, even if I didn't qualify, may be more on the horizon ....
Old Aug 25, 2012, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL GM
Rock for my wife and I...
Old Aug 25, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I got the e-mail yesterday, registered, and then bought a ticket I had been planning on getting all week. Good thing I did not buy it sooner.

It clearly stated that it was targeted and when I clicked on the link in my e-mail, it took me to the registration page that already had my Skymiles number filled in, so definitely specifically for the e-mail recipient.

I was rather surprised so many people did not get it as I had assumed when I got it that it was to allay any discontent from the planned decrease in mileage earnings from special fare tickets (especially as the day prior, I had received an e-mail stating that I had recently purchased a special fare ticket, when that was news to me since the price from the travel agency was the same as the price on Delta.com). Clearly, that was a wrong assumption regarding the cause of the promotion. My new assumption is that this promotion may be targeted to specific locations but they are trying not to be obvious about it. Several folks that qualified are Atlanta based, and this may be a way of competing with Southwest. I am Nashville based, and Nashville was in the four city promotion two years ago. Also, I am told that approximately 55% of the flights from BNA are Southwest flights. Just pure speculation on my part about who is being targeted.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Already PM and could make DM with effort (I wont I will go for huge rollover) so I DID NOT get the email.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Have you not been flying much recently and they are looking to send a bit of encouragement your way?

No sense in 'encouraging' routine flyers.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by cygnus
failed for me - so it is targeted.
Sorry say that I am not eligible for offer this time.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:42 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Flyer girl
My new assumption is that this promotion may be targeted to specific locations but they are trying not to be obvious about it. Several folks that qualified are Atlanta based, and this may be a way of competing with Southwest.
I am ATL-based, qualified for GM last year and am currently just short of FO, about half of where I was at this point last year. However, I was not targeted for this promo.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Big ol' rock for me. There are lots of rocks here in Utah (just moved out here not too long ago). Guess this DL promo is just another one.

-J.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
FYI, for those of you eligible for this promo...I registered Friday afternoon as soon as I got the e-mail, and my two flights from Friday (which were booked and flown prior to registering and which posted yesterday, 8/25) included the 1000 mile bonus, so it appears that the T&C are not correct in saying that the promo only applies to tickets booked after registering. YMMV, but definitely a nice discovery...
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Deemus7
FYI, for those of you eligible for this promo...I registered Friday afternoon as soon as I got the e-mail, and my two flights from Friday (which were booked and flown prior to registering and which posted yesterday, 8/25) included the 1000 mile bonus, so it appears that the T&C are not correct in saying that the promo only applies to tickets booked after registering. YMMV, but definitely a nice discovery...
always the case w/ Delta. Too bad the both of us are not targeted (again)
Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:01 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Rock...
Old Aug 26, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Rock...
Ditto.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
On some previous promos, DL has not enforced the buy after part of the rules. YMMV.
Just got my miles posted for my flight on Friday morning and I got the 1000 miles despite me flying before I signed up later in the day.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond; SPG Gold; MR Platinum :)
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
You really have turned in to a DYKWIA. We get that you are a double diamond, you refer to it several times a day. You must think its a unique thing..... It's not
Well I'm a double Diamond too! DM on Delta, Diamond Hilton

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.