Secure Flight Data disappearing..

Old Aug 17, 2012, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Secure Flight Data disappearing..

Was surprised to see TSA Pre at IND this morning, and after having just fixed this stuff last week, I was hoping that I would again be able to enjoy a civilized TSA experience.

But instead, I was rejected.

Sadly, I go back to delta.com, to check my Profile, and all my Secure Flight data is just gone.

I go dig out the Nexus card, re-enter it all, and it says "updated", but it's still all blank.

Why is it so hard to get this right, DL?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
The same thing happened to me and to my wife, but then the data reappeared a little later after I logged out, and then back in. This happened on Monday, but it had been there on Saturday (I check regularly). I'm no computer expert, but it seems like some sort of system bug or problem. I notified a contact I have there, but they aren't yet sure what caused/is causing that to happen. At least in our case, it hadn't dumped out of existing reservations--only in the Profile section of About Me. I

Last edited by atl runner; Aug 18, 2012 at 10:25 am
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Whenever I look at that page in my profile it is blank. Yet after saving my info there, it DOES populate in the secure flight data section of my itineraries. I am 100% since July despite that section of my profile appearing to be blank. Clearly, however, the info I entered is still in my profile somewhere in Delta's system.

You have to realize that not getting the triple beep doesn't mean anything is wrong or missing. I was about 20% successful for the first half of the year, yet it was just bad luck. Without changing anything my success rate skyrocketed.

Random means random... They might as well be rolling a dice or flipping a coin to decide whether or not you get to use the pre-check lane.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
I haven't been into delta.com for a couple of weeks but just checked and the secure flight info is indeed still in the profile page.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 9:21 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Just checked my profile and my secure flight info is gone. But that may be a good thing as before I got my Known Traveler Number I was allowed to use Pre-check every time at LGA. Ever since I got my number, I have been denied Pre-check at LGA. It's not random for me. I've been denied Pre-check the last four times I've flown out of LGA. I fly out again tomorrow. I'm going to leave my Known Traveler Number field blank on my profile and see what happens.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by tonypct
Just checked my profile and my secure flight info is gone. But that may be a good thing as before I got my Known Traveler Number I was allowed to use Pre-check every time at LGA. Ever since I got my number, I have been denied Pre-check at LGA. It's not random for me. I've been denied Pre-check the last four times I've flown out of LGA. I fly out again tomorrow. I'm going to leave my Known Traveler Number field blank on my profile and see what happens.
Do you have any future itineraries that you've already booked where you can check to see if the secure flight data is still populating in the reservation? As I posted above, my profile is blank but my booked travel still contains all of the secure flight data that no longer appears in my profile.

My selection rate is 4x better since July, but my reservations DO still have my GE number in them.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by dcline414
Do you have any future itineraries that you've already booked where you can check to see if the secure flight data is still populating in the reservation? As I posted above, my profile is blank but my booked travel still contains all of the secure flight data that no longer appears in my profile.

My selection rate is 4x better since July, but my reservations DO still have my GE number in them.
That was the case with me, as I posted above. It disappeared from the Profile section (although it is now back), but remained in existing itineraries, even when it wasn't in the profile (about me) area.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
My secure data are gone.

I rarely layover in ATL but the two times I did this year I got the pre-check line the next morning after coming in from an international flight.

Anyway, I have three international trips coming up and hope these data will remain in place since one never knows what one will face on these trips.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
I just checked a few minutes ago and saw it, and now I go back and it's blank again.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
For some TSA pre is a probably not but a definite maybe for other probably but maybe not.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
*sigh*

This has been happening to me consistently since January. I have no idea but it seems like I was the only one it was happening to. I called the Platinum Desk and spoke to Online Support half a dozen times about this, but it was always like they had never heard anyone complain about this.

In a way I'm glad to know that it's not just me anymore. Maybe now there will be more clamor to get it fixed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.