Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

RUMOR - 757-300s to get slimline seats and AVOD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RUMOR - 757-300s to get slimline seats and AVOD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
There's also the principle of letting rumors be contained in the thread where they originate (a.net as noted here). Threads-on-threads is a poor data housekeeping practice.
Originally Posted by Vuelos
OP has shown a disdain for that.
Agreed. Not meaning to "flame" the OP at all, just calling out where a calling out is due.

It's also worth noting the OP already posted about this a few months ago, with almost the exact same text:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...eats-avod.html
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Given that there are only 16 of these aircraft in the DL Livery of 757's, and that I think it has been substantiated that it is not possible to equip that aircraft with AVOD, one wonders of the accuracy of the "rumor". I do see logic in removing galleys and adding seats. DL has been doing that across the entire fleet.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
When is all of this slated to happen? I swear if I lose my exit row legroom later this month...

-J.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
When is all of this slated to happen? I swear if I lose my exit row legroom later this month...

-J.
2014, according to DL insider information.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Delta 764
2014, according to DL insider information.
Works for me. I'll be NYC-based again sometime that year so I shouldn't have too much trouble avoiding these planes by then

As much as I like these planes, I agree they take forever to load and unload. The benefit of having one of the last few rows entirely to yourself is almost negated when you land and it takes 20+ minutes before you can even start moving forward. These 10 extra seats will make it that much worse.

-J.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

FYI, Y seats will be B/E Aerospace Pinnacle with Panasonic Eco 9i Integrated Smart Monitors. Still no word on the model of the F seats.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA PLAT, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
Before some of you set flame to the OPs house, you should know this is pretty accurate- I'm guessing so they can fly the 753s on long-thin routes and not have any riots?

Anyway, they're adding 10 seats to Y, but claim to be increasing pitch throughout the cabin with the new slimline seats (b/e pinnacles for those who keep track). So 24F-25EC-185Y. Mods begin at the end of 2013.

Also, I can confirm the 739s will be 20F-21EC-139Y with 11" AVOD in F an 9" AVOD in Y with rollout in Q4 2013.

Now talk amongst yourselves.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YtravelF
Before some of you set flame to the OPs house, you should know this is pretty accurate- I'm guessing so they can fly the 753s on long-thin routes and not have any riots?

Anyway, they're adding 10 seats to Y, but claim to be increasing pitch throughout the cabin with the new slimline seats (b/e pinnacles for those who keep track). So 24F-25EC-185Y. Mods begin at the end of 2013.

Also, I can confirm the 739s will be 20F-21EC-139Y with 11" AVOD in F an 9" AVOD in Y with rollout in Q4 2013.

Do you happen to know what models of F seats will be used (on both types)? Will they be the Weber 6810 like on the MD-88s and MD-90s, or will they be something else? The only other domestic F seat models that I know have an articulating seat bottom include the TIMCO Aerosystems 3050 FeatherWeight, and an as-of-yet unnamed model from Recaro that is being introduced on AS 739ERs. BE Aerospace doesn't currently offer such a model as far as I know.

While TIMCO has done some cabin work for DL in the past, DL (pre-merger) historically has mostly bought seats from either Weber or Burns/BE Aerospace, the lone exceptions being the ex-TWA 752 J seats made by Recaro (which are actually leased seats), and the flat-bed J seats on the 767s (Contour/Thompson) and 777s (Contour). NW, however, historically bought seats from either Burns/BE Aerospace or Recaro, and perhaps the NW influence might play a factor if DL choses Recaro for the domestic F seats.

Last edited by Delta 764; Oct 11, 2012 at 4:06 pm
Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I hear long-thin routes, I think TATL/TPAC which the 753 doesn't have the range to fly. Not sure which long-thin routes you are thinking of?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:03 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Are you one of Delta's new Social Media Ambassadors? Your tone would suggest you've received training from SkyMilesInsider or Michelle_DeltaSkymiles
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:49 pm

180 seats? Yuck
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA PLAT, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
Frankly, I have no idea which F seat they're using. Nor I do I much care, but they will be big and have extra padding. This is all I know. Please call off the dogs!!!

Perhaps long and thin wasnt entirely accurate, but the 753 can do routes like JFK-EDI, GLA, or KEF. I would also expect to see these crop up on more routes to HA.

And lastly, I must disappoint you all with the revelation that I am not one of the highly trained and highly regarded Delta social media ambassadors. I could never live down to those expectations.

But if I were, wouldn't it be hilarious if I chose this rumor thread to correct the speculation in; I mean its not like there are any other speculative threads out there that have been persisting for months, right?

Oh and before I forget, Tumi amenity kits are coming to BE in January.

Last edited by YtravelF; Oct 11, 2012 at 6:11 pm Reason: added addl info
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
And lastly, I must disappoint you all with the revelation that I am not one of the highly trained and highly regarded Delta social media ambassadors. I could never live down to those expectations.
HAHAHAHAH
Old Oct 12, 2012, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

FYI, seat pitch on the 739ERs will be 37" F, 34" EC, and 31" Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.