Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta AMEX and award ticket

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Delta AMEX and award ticket

One of the perks with using a Delta Skymiles AMEX is one free checked bag. How does this work when one uses the AMEX to pay the taxes and surcharges on an award ticket? Is the first checked bag still free?

Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
It doesn't even matter if you charged everything on a MC card. Just having the card gives you the free bag.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
No Amex Miles on Partner Award Fees

Unless it's changed this year, the Delta Skymiles card gets you only one point per dollar spend with Delta Airlines when paying fees for Skymiles award tickets on partner airlines.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Bowgie
Unless it's changed this year, the Delta Skymiles card gets you only one point per dollar spend with Delta Airlines when paying fees for Skymiles award tickets on partner airlines.
Don't see why that would be the case. It's a "Delta purchase." I'd have to look back but at least some of my travel has been on DL for each award ticket, do not sure that is a clean enough case.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.