FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Toughest domestic UG's! The top 10 list! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1369619-toughest-domestic-ugs-top-10-list.html)

sectflyer Jul 24, 2012 7:45 am

Toughest domestic UG's! The top 10 list!

I was trying to put together a list of the routes where the UG's(complimentary medallion) are the toughest. I don't fly enuff to put a whole list together but would like to see what you warriors think! Off the top I can think any JFK BE to the west coast and any ATL LAX flights. please fill in the rest!

Crazyhotelguy Jul 24, 2012 7:53 am

Atl-sfo
atl-sea
dtw-sfo
dtw-lax
dtw-sea

Day and time are huge factors as well.

nystateofmind Jul 24, 2012 7:54 am

Originally Posted by sectflyer (Post 18991531)
I was trying to put together a list of the routes where the UG's(complimentary medallion) are the toughest. I don't fly enuff to put a whole list together but would like to see what you warriors think! Off the top I can think any JFK BE to the west coast and any ATL LAX flights. please fill in the rest!

JFK-LAX would be at the top of my list, but JFK-SFO you do see GM and lower getting upgrades at off-peak times. JFK-LAX trumps ATL-LAX because since Delta moved the 77L to the morning upgrades have been more likely because you do not have as many connections from DC/NYC/BOS to that flight

ATL-DCA especially at peak times forget about it

Crazyhotelguy Jul 24, 2012 7:58 am

Originally Posted by nystateofmind (Post 18991583)

ATL-DCA especially at peak times forget about it

+1

Denolloyd Jul 24, 2012 7:58 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Don't fly as much anymore, but two years ago I was doing SFO-MSP weekly for a month and only got upgraded once as a PM. I think those were the only upgrades I missed the entire year.

rwoman Jul 24, 2012 7:59 am

LAX-ATL

Crazyhotelguy Jul 24, 2012 8:03 am

I shoud just add...

Anything on the newly reduced FC - A319/320's.... The loss of 4 seats makes a huge difference.

tmontemb Jul 24, 2012 8:04 am

ATL-TPA, Peak times. Lots of Diamonds in the back and lists > 40

Crazyhotelguy Jul 24, 2012 8:06 am

Surprised there hasn't been a-

If you want FC, buy FC remark...

They are slipping:)

jjdub86 Jul 24, 2012 8:06 am

DTW-DFW and vice versa. Usually a CRJ900 or Embraer, almost never an MD with the larger J cabin. Definitely elite heavy, wait lists for UG 20-plus often.

Crazyhotelguy Jul 24, 2012 8:09 am

Originally Posted by tmontemb (Post 18991660)
ATL-TPA, Peak times. Lots of Diamonds in the back and lists > 40

Espeially Mon and Fri! TPA has a lot of high level medalions.

TPA -LAX was rough for me on a sat night as DM.

Madefornow Jul 24, 2012 8:14 am

Originally Posted by rwoman (Post 18991622)
LAX-ATL

i disagreee. LAX-ATL is not as tough for DMs. I have done several last minute SDCs and still gotten FC upgrade. ATL-LAX from noon-7pm on weekdays are tougher.

This list needs to be based on medallion level, cos a GMs upgrade headache is definitely not this DMs problem. :D

toughtest UG's for DM -
toughtest UG's for PM -
toughtest UG's for GM -
Dream UG routes for FOs - :p
easiest routes for Non-REV upgrade - ;)
Possible SHEENA UG routes - :D

nystateofmind Jul 24, 2012 8:14 am

Originally Posted by jjdub86 (Post 18991676)
DTW-DFW and vice versa. Usually a CRJ900 or Embraer, almost never an MD with the larger J cabin. Definitely elite heavy, wait lists for UG 20-plus often.

The CR9 has the best F/Y ratio in the fleet 12F 64Y. While MD's may have 16F they have a much larger Y

jamesteroh Jul 24, 2012 8:21 am

DTW/SFO for sure.
DTW/ATL is also a hard upgrade during peak times seeing it's between two elite heavy cities.
DTW/LAX can also be very hard if you are flying at peak time (although the last two times I have flown that on weekends on a U or T fare I have been upgraded at the window and a couple weeks ago I sdc'd directly into first again at the gate) and aircraft.

Orion Jul 24, 2012 8:28 am

SLC to DCA/BWI is tough for upgrades. I don't recall even one upgrade on these routes when I was a platinum. I will be glad to make economy comfort as a gold.
Next week I expect to fly into platinum again so I should make economy comfort on these hard to upgrade routes.