Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can any low KLM/AF award be booked on Delta by phone?

Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

If there is "classic" business award availability on KLM/AF that I can see on Flying Blue but doesn't show on Delta's website, is it bookable through Delta Skymiles by phone if I give them the dates/flights or are only some KLM/AF flights available to book through Delta? Also, if it is bookable through Delta, Delta prices it as "Low" if all my flights are on KLM/AF, correct? Thanks for any help.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
That should be correct. If not, let us know the flight numbers and dates as there are rumors that some classic awards are only not available for us bookings. It will price at low. Alternatively if you don't see it at dl.com, try searching by schedule or multi-city and plug in each segment.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could there be married segment or routing rules imposed by DL but not AF/KLM? This could especially matter if there are some (low) DL segments in the itinerary, which doesn't seem to be the case here.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roknroll
That should be correct. If not, let us know the flight numbers and dates as there are rumors that some classic awards are only not available for us bookings. It will price at low. Alternatively if you don't see it at dl.com, try searching by schedule or multi-city and plug in each segment.
I'm looking for business class going SFO-IST on 4/22 and coming back on 5/15. The flights are KL606 and KL1613 going and KL1610 and KL605 coming back; there are other AF options too that are classic awards showing on Flying Blue. On Delta's website the return flights don't show up at all using Schedule/Price/Multi-city and when I just pick the outbound flights and any inbound, it gives a one or more of your flights just sold out message.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:26 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Yammer
I'm looking for business class going SFO-IST on 4/22 and coming back on 5/15. The flights are KL606 and KL1613 going and KL1610 and KL605 coming back; there are other AF options too that are classic awards showing on Flying Blue. On Delta's website the return flights don't show up at all using Schedule/Price/Multi-city and when I just pick the outbound flights and any inbound, it gives a one or more of your flights just sold out message.
The return is about 300 days out; this might be the problem. Perhaps the DL system doesn't use the same horizon as AF/KLM.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The return is about 300 days out; this might be the problem. Perhaps the DL system doesn't use the same horizon as AF/KLM.
Would it be possible by phone even if it's not possible on the website? If I wanted to add a stopover also available on Flying Blue as a business classic award, can Delta put it together manually and it'll price at low?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:51 pm

You're allowed one stopover (along a legal routing) and one open jaw for free on an award ticket paid with DL miles.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:31 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Delta agents are able to book itineraries that do not show on Delta.com but that consist of segments that show up on Delta.com when you search by schedule. However, some segments just don't show on Delta.com (AMS-IST may be one of them). My recommendation is to just give them a call and hope you get a knowledgeable and cooperative agent who is willing to invest the 10 min or so needed. If you don't, you just call back. Delta can book award tickets on KLM and Air France 330 days out, so no problem there.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You're allowed one stopover (along a legal routing) and one open jaw for free on an award ticket paid with DL miles.
Thanks everyone for the help! Do you know how I can figure out if a routing is legal or not? I'd like to take advantage of the free stopover but I'm not sure what would qualify to decide where to go.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:32 am

The real answer is to look at the fare rules. However, in general, hubs that are more or less along the way should work or any connection along your route.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.