combining trips

Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, mariott, national
combining trips

I booked a trip with two separate tickets

Atl-LAX Friday then Friday LAX TPE

TPE-LAX then two days later LAX to ATL

Do you think I can combine the first two and check my bag from ATL or just pick it up in LAX, I have plenty of time.

Tim
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:36 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I am not sure it is worth the trouble.

I would try telling Delta Air Lines personnel about your other ticket once you arrive at the airport. Chances are that they will be able to assist you in ensuring that your two trips are as seamless as possible.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, mariott, national
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I am not sure it is worth the trouble.

I would try telling Delta Air Lines personnel about your other ticket once you arrive at the airport. Chances are that they will be able to assist you in ensuring that your two trips are as seamless as possible.
My thoughts as well. Just wanted to check if anyone had done it. I was able to get a business class ticket ATL-TPE much cheaper by splitting out the ATL-LAX.

Thanks,

Tim
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
They will not combine it into one ticket. But they will check it through to your final destination. Just show both itineraries when you check in at ATL. You won't have the same protections in case your ATL-LAX flight has an issue causing you to miss your LAX-TPE, and any changes will incur a change fee on both itineraries.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:05 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
I did this a few weeks ago. They can't combine the tickets, but will check the bag through, even across the separate tickets. It took a while at the bag drop counter, but they made it happen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.