Wiki Posts
Search

Non-Rev turns down FC seat

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other

Was in row 20 on DL 17 Sunday evening (757-200...love the EC seat). Toward the end of boarding there was a young guy kind of roaming the aisle looking for a seat. One of the FAs at the door told him to go up forward and "take that seat on the right". He walked up and then came back and said something to the FA, then left the aircraft. The GA walked up and asked the FA where he was going and the FA said "He's a non-rev and ........" I couldn't hear the rest of the conversation.

On a side note, they did not bring anyone up forward to that seat after it happened. I really don't know if someone was already in the seat or what. Given that she said "that seat on the right" I am assuming it was a C or D. I didn't bother to look to see if there was an empty seat up there or not.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 2:20 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver

Now there's a headline you don't see every day!
Old Jul 16, 2012, 4:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The nonrev might not have been dressed for FC and rather than getting in trouble over it, he decided to get off the flight.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 4:30 am

Programs: DL DM
They have really relaxed nonrev dress standards for F travel. I guess fit in with the rest of the pack.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 4:43 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
True but IIRC there is still a different dress standard for nonrev FC. It's not much but breaking the rules is taken seriously by DL.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
True but IIRC there is still a different dress standard for nonrev FC. It's not much but breaking the rules is taken seriously by DL.
Are non-revs accustomed to being identified as DL employees and are routinely known to on-duty crew?

Yesterday, an off-duty FA in civilian clothes sitting a row behind me in Y told me to buckle my seat belt. She was all smiles, but insistent. She told another pax to keep seated while the light was on.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by LegalTender
Are non-revs accustomed to being identified as DL employees and are routinely known to on-duty crew?

Yesterday, an off-duty FA in civilian clothes sitting a row behind me in Y told me to buckle my seat belt. She was all smiles, but insistent. She told another pax to keep seated while the light was on.
Nonrevs are marked as such on the flight manifest, so the FAs know who they are, although I suspect that they're just marked as employees or retirees, without any indication of their job function or title. The GAs also clearly know who the nonrevs are and their priority level.

In smaller stations, everyone would know everyone just as they would for any regular routes but this would not be true necessarily at hubs. Not all DL employees in ATL know each other, although certainly some are very well connected.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
But with the FA being the person to take the F seat, it would seem the FA either didn't care or was creating a set-up. Probably didn't care.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
He probably saw there was a napkin with advertising in FC and got the heck out of there.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, US/UA Gold, National Executive, Avis First, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
He probably saw there was a napkin with advertising in FC and got the heck out of there.
^
Old Jul 16, 2012, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
NRSA probably shouldn't have been put in F anyway as I'll be there were still medallions in the back.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
You sure about that...?

Last edited by DiscoPapa; Jul 16, 2012 at 10:57 am
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: DAL-PM
The nonrev dress rules are pretty lax these days. Just about anything goes, except for holey jeans, ripped t-shirts and similar clothes.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
A non-rev turning down FC? Total Shena if you ask me.

Delta. Investigate please.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by DiscoPapa
You sure about that...?
It's taken seriously if they violate the rules for nonrev travel and are reported. They can lose their nonrev privileges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.